• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2020 Transfer Window (Extended Version)

So if this itk is right the other player is Brazilian too maybe?? Pepe?

Makes sense for more to be signed now. I imagine Silva was top priority - probably why we haven't gone back in for AMN yet.

All I’ll say is that whoever (whistle) writes the fans season preview in the Guardian/Observer today must have had to keep changing their piece as the rumours were coming through yesterday.

Reported this morning by Nash that Marcal is close for £2.5m

All I’ll say is that whoever (whistle) writes the fans season preview in the Guardian/Observer today must have had to keep changing their piece as the rumours were coming through yesterday.

I don’t think that guy knows shit anyway :)

He said the last two names he had weren't Marcal. So the nationality could be different. Todibo + ?

He said the last two names he had weren't Marcal. So the nationality could be different. Todibo + ?

Ah OK. Easy to lose track! Obviously the possible defensive signings free up Saiss and Donk for midfield duties, but a more attack minded/creative option there would be ideal. Have a feeling at least one of this mystery duo will be completely new or dormant links and surprise us all

As I have mentioned before Sanson would be great. Todibo and him would be lovely.

Apparently Sheff Utd are going for Jayden Bogle + Max Lowe from Derby £10m, thats good money especially for both- Bogle as RB competition?
The deals already done. Bogle would have been a decent squad option, don't think he's good enough to be first choice.

Spiers -

From famine to feast...told Wolves are confident of bringing two more in next week #WWFC

You can see why Spiers is paid the big bucks to know this sort of stuff. 3 first team squad players injured/sold/on loan and he’s using his inside knowledge to claim that replacement numbers are on the way.

Wouldn't Pepe contravene the 'no dickheads' policy, or is this a different Pepe from the one whose dives even Droghba described as embarrassing? (And, to split a hair, he's taken Portuguese nationality.)

Different Pepe, this one's a wide forward from gremio

If Marcal isn’t a LWB, isn’t that good at playing LCB and is simply “cover” then it Seems a strange one given we have Kilman costing us next to nothing who we know can do a job.

But he can’t be that bad or he wouldn’t be getting in the team for a CL team in the latter stages of the competition. Time will tell.

Strikes me as a Douglas signing - quality addition to plug a gap for a year and then we'll go for someone of Dias' calibre when we are (hopefully) in a European spot next season.

If Marcal isn’t a LWB, isn’t that good at playing LCB and is simply “cover” then it Seems a strange one given we have Kilman costing us next to nothing who we know can do a job.

But he can’t be that bad or he wouldn’t be getting in the team for a CL team in the latter stages of the competition. Time will tell.

Twitter consensus seems to be that he's a bit shit unless at LCB. Hope he won't get in ahead of Vinagre. Nuno's meant to love Kilman too so this is an odd move all round.

Kilman needs to go out and play. I'm definitely not one that thinks loans are always the answer but he is 23 now and has hardly any experience playing at first team level. It would be nice if we could sign Marcal even if he's a bit of a backup option for a couple of positions and we could find Kilman a decent Championship club where he will play games.

Think that's exactly it. Jonny's might be out for a year so we need someone. And Kilman needs to go out and play football on a regular basis. Not every signing can be a Galactico. Or whatever Wolverhampton's equivalent of a Galactico is...

Back