• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2020 Transfer Window (Extended Version)

We don't need a wide player it's the last place we need players. If he can play down the middle I can see the logic if we play 3-5-2 more often. If not then there's literally no point.

If we've found someone better that what we've got why wouldn't we pursue it?

He looks exactly that - a replacement for Jota. I don't understand work permit rules but would he get one?

West Ham have bid £20m for Tarkoswki. It's a lot, but he'd improve us

West Ham have bid £20m for Tarkoswki. It's a lot, but he'd improve us

Don't think he's good enough on the ball personally.

Are we saying a more or less unknown Brazilian guy is better than Diogo "44 goals in three years" Jota now? I know he's the forum scapegoat a lot of the time but come on.

Are we saying a more or less unknown Brazilian guy is better than Diogo "44 goals in three years" Jota now? I know he's the forum scapegoat a lot of the time but come on.

I don't know if he's better or not, but if the club thinks we can improve shouldn't we do that?

Signing this guy won't stop us spending in other areas

Have there not been murmurings of Jota going back to Spain?

Agree with that - he’s a superb defender though - kind of Ryan Bennett upgrade when we really want a young willy boly.

Personally, I’d never heard of him before today, and YouTube videos can make anyone look great. His YouTube video did make him look great though.... :p:p

Have there not been murmurings of Jota going back to Spain?
First I've heard of that.

Pepê might be able to play through the middle. Or maybe Nuno is thinking of playing Jota/Traoré through the middle like he did in the Championship sometimes. We were absolutely electric at times when we went with Cav - Jota - Costa.

Sent from my GM1920 using Tapatalk

Adama is absolutely shite up front, honestly.

I don't think he's had one good game there.

If Pepe can play through the middle as well as wide would make more sense, then we’d have him and Jota to cover any scenario where Raul isn’t available

If we’re signing this bloke (some bloke on twitter says he’s got a European passport) then surely someone’s got to be going.

Agree, he has his frustrating moments but I've seen people put Neto ahead of him in their teams. I like Neto a lot, but that's premature for me.

RE: Pepe, seems a waste of resources when wide forwards are literally our best stocked position

I agree with prawnking and Deutsch re Jota. It’s always a fine line between things not quite coming off for him or him being brilliant. He’s above Podence and Neto for me in a wide slot and above Traore as a second forward.

He's often frustrating, but there's no-one else in the team who brings the ball forwards and gets us up the pitch like Jota does.

Jota's about confidence, but unlike a lot of players when it's low rather than hide he tries too hard and runs into brick walls

Back