• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2020 Transfer Window (Extended Version)

It's here as well. I'm a bit loathe to take number of twitter followers as an indication of anything, and it might well be the same story getting recycled

https://twitter.com/BarcaTimes/status/1302192315340029952?s=19

I'm sure his name has come up before though when he was on loan at Schalke last year. I didn't realise he's only 20 (!) so certainly fits the age profile we normally would go for.

Doubt he'll be cheap but if Messi's staying and they're not making any money off Suarez, Vidal et al then maybe they do need to sell a bit.

-edit- if wikipedia's to be believed (I know) Schalke had a buy option for €25m but don't appear to have taken it up. No telling if Koeman coming in will have changed things but it would seem they might've been inclined to let him go previously.

I also read Carles Alena might be available - maybe we should try for a double deal :D

He has absolutely huge potential - he’s young and inexperienced, but he’s quick, big (6’3”) and getting stronger, and he has good technical ability and passing. He’d need games and development but has the potential to be absolutely fantastic.

I really hope we get him, he’s exactly what we should be going for.

Given that there are no rumours concerning a RWB, do we think that Nuno might be considering turning Adama into a RWB? With Neto or Pod in front of him?

Tobido seems what we need, a big athletic CB who has also played DM so should be good enough on the ball too.

Given that there are no rumours concerning a RWB, do we think that Nuno might be considering turning Adama into a RWB? With Neto or Pod in front of him?

I hope not. I was a big critic of him about this time last year but he has made insane progress, and this season has been getting links with £60million transfer fees, it would be like signing Bale and putting him back to LB.

There are certain games where Traore at wing back can make sense (Burnley away was a good example this season I thought) but I highly doubt Nuno is going to see him as his regular first choice there!

No rumours? Haven't we been linked with 4 or 5 of them in the last 2 weeks?

No rumours? Haven't we been linked with 4 or 5 of them in the last 2 weeks?

40 or 50, but none of them have turned into much. I'd write the cheque for Aarons. Sign him and Todibo and you can get the cartoon of the happy guy in front of his computer off the shelf...

Agreed with that norm. If we can get Todibo and Aarons for under £50m then tbf the back five is as good as sorted for the next few years.

On Aarons. If he is a player we are interested in i wonder if we could chuck in a season loan of young Luke as a sweetner.
He gets a higher level to play at, in a team that use attacking wing backs and Norwich get an instant replacement.

Norwich have signed Bali Mumba for that role I think

Back