• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2020 Transfer Window (Extended Version)

Based on that he wouldn't be coming to be Raul's backup then, but also says he's a number 9

He's just turned 18, he's not going to expect to start every game, but given Raul's age it could be the perfect succession planing strategy.

They say announced today, so we will soon find out :D

Ahhh. The classic rim a player we’ve never seen play but are good on FIFA. They may well he world beaters but I’m not going to pretend I’ve seen them play and expect a CB who played 362 Bundesliga minutes last season, and a CF with one league goal ever to come in and instantly improve us.

Tbf even looking at it from a pure number viewpoint, getting a player with a €125m release clause for €40m or so would be bonkers value. I imagine Jeff might get a bonus for pulling something like that off
Haven't you been paying attention? Jeff is a bumbling moron who doesn't know anything about football and is asset striping the club.

A large section of our fanbase are going to look very foolish if we pull off 3 or 4 signings of the calibre of Pepê, Todibo, Silva etc.

Sent from my GM1920 using Tapatalk

Ahhh. The classic rim a player we’ve never seen play but are good on FIFA. They may well he world beaters but I’m not going to pretend I’ve seen them play and expect a CB who played 362 Bundesliga minutes last season, and a CF with one league goal ever to come in and instantly improve us.

That's the spirit.

That's the spirit.

[emoji2371]
Not saying they will be rubbish and I don’t want to sign them.

I just don’t like to pretend I know how good people are when my knowledge is purely from computer games.

I’m sure a few people will have seen these and know a bit about them (impossible to know more, they Haven’t played), but the majority are getting excited based off a computer game. Bit like getting excited signing Freddy Adu

[emoji2371]

I just don’t like to pretend I know how good people are when my knowledge is purely from computer games.

I’m sure a few people will have seen these and know a bit about them (impossible to know more, they Haven’t played), but the majority are getting excited based off a computer game. Bit like getting excited signing Freddy Adu

Great stuff last year when FIFA kids on Twitter were telling me how good Joelinton was.

Er guys, I've watched him play.

[emoji2371]

If this happens though, there are quite a lot of reasons to be positive regardless of how much we've seen him play.

- he's very highly rated by everyone who has
- he's young so has loads of room for improvement
- he's not even played for Portugal's under21 team yet and as he's still gaining that first team experience he probably won't expect to start every game
- with the above point in mind he will be able to back up Raul initially but also get a good amount of game time when we play 3-5-2.

Porto fans seen to think 40m is cheap for him and they're only accepting that as they are desperate to get in funds.

Confirmed by Spiers and Nash now. Announced later today.

Get fucking in. CB and RWB next please.

This is the way to do business.

If he does sign, expect our fans to lose their shit because that'll mean Raul is definitely going to juventus, even though he isn't, and they'll still moan we haven't signed docs replacement, so nailed on relegation

I believe I posted - in a moment of depression and frustration - "Jeff Shi couldn't wrap up a cheese sandwich, let alone a deal."

If anyone has a spare slice of cold, stale humble pie I will cheerfully eat it

Happy days looks to have real potential.

Back