• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2020 Transfer Window (Extended Version)

This surely cannot be happening? It makes the Neves deal look like overpaying!

Does he play straight down the middle or can he play in wide areas to?

Thats some move €35m plus add ons and a future percentage of Profit.
Hopefully we will be really going for it 3 more signings, RWB, CH, and a Midfielder

I am genuinely shocked. I know it was discussed before that Porto might have to sell but we were all talking about Telles, Corona et al (this might scupper that, btw - cannot in a million years see us signing them both)

Think I threw Silva's name out there as the crown jewel but I never, ever thought he would be in play or that we could pull it off. Holy smokes.

Nuno and Jeff sticking the big middle one to all Wolves fans who doubted them...

If this happens though, there are quite a lot of reasons to be positive regardless of how much we've seen him play.

- he's very highly rated by everyone who has
- he's young so has loads of room for improvement
- he's not even played for Portugal's under21 team yet and as he's still gaining that first team experience he probably won't expect to start every game
- with the above point in mind he will be able to back up Raul initially but also get a good amount of game time when we play 3-5-2.

Porto fans seen to think 40m is cheap for him and they're only accepting that as they are desperate to get in funds.

Like I Said, won’t be unhappy if we sign him. Just won’t pretend I know he’s a worldbeater.

Holy fucking shit. Get the spaff cartoon ready. This is the signing of the century.

It’s a very smart move for him, he’ll feel at home and have time to develop. Excellent signing all round.

https://www.sportbible.com/football...igy-who-is-being-compared-to-ronaldo-20200823

Silva's maturity and humble nature is striking. The comparison to Ronaldo was certainly welcome but he knows this is only the beginning of his journey in football.

"He is an absolute inspiration and as a young player, it's so important to have a role model like Cristiano. But it is also a sign of responsibility and the trust people put on me.

"After listening to some of those comments from former players, it's just another push of motivation to write my own history."

Like his idol Ronaldo, the enigmatic striker has broken plenty of records.

He became the youngest debutant in Primeira Liga history after being brought on for the final 11 minutes against Gil Vicente last year, and soon became the youngest starter in FC Porto's history at 17 years, two months and six days old in the club's clash against Santa Clara in September 2019.

The teenager also made history by becoming the club's youngest Primeira Liga goalscorer at 17 years and three months, beating previous record holder Ruben Neves with an 88th minute goal against league-leaders Famalicao after being brought on as a substitute, just two minutes prior to the finish.

33 in 39 for Porto's U19s. I don't care what level you're at, that's an exceptional record.

So the pics of Jeff going out for a meal has got us another wonder kid... excellent stuff

Scott Voice and Colin Taylor say hi.

Scott Voice that’s a shout from the past remember people shouting at Turner to put him in the side at the back end of 92/93 never knew what happened to him

Does he play straight down the middle or can he play in wide areas to?
Centre forward. Tall and a bit skinny atm but when he fills out a bit he'll be built like an old school 9.

Sent from my GM1920 using Tapatalk

Fabrizio Romano confirming the Silva deal as well. Says he's signing up until 2025.

Sent from my GM1920 using Tapatalk

Back