• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2020 Transfer Window (Extended Version)

We've been a top six performing team since last January, based on xG models! I think that's why it's a little frustrating as a couple of key improvements to the team could really cement that. We've underperformed those models slightly which is a mixture of bad luck and a lack of quality in attack in some instances but we really haven't been too far away in general. I worry this year we might slip slightly without the right signings though.

These xG models...getting a little tired of it...just attack and score more goals then the opposition...problem solved..

Would Quaresma even be a first team option? He's only 18 and from what I can see has very little first team experience.

These xG models...getting a little tired of it...just attack and score more goals then the opposition...problem solved..

dave-jones-wolverhampton-wanderers-manager_2940565.jpg

Keep plugging away, wairking hard, play for the shairt.

stats and data arent everything..if it was i would be winning everytime checking the xG before the game

Would Quaresma even be a first team option? He's only 18 and from what I can see has very little first team experience.
He'd certainly be way above the quality of our U23 side. A Neto/Vinagre style signing, on the verge of the first team. Certainly has the technical ability to step straight in, unsure if he has the physicality yet though.

Sent from my GM1920 using Tapatalk

Go out for the afternoon. Come back expecting news of a private plane leaving Portugal with 5 new signings on board. Nothing. Nada. Zip. Zilch. Not even an argument on here...

Sheff Utd are expecting to announce 2 or 3 signings on Monday, so, with Everton doing similar, the market is definately starting to move now

Wolves have reportedly enquired about Gremio forward Pepê. It's thought that the Brazilian side are not keen on selling the 23 year old. [via André Hernan]

Watching a quick video he looks a lot like Jota, cutting in from the left.

Obvious question would be can he get a work permit.

Sent from my GM1920 using Tapatalk

...more obvious is why we need another wide forward...

Toti confirmed both in terms of the signing and going to Grasshoppers. Starting to look like a lower level Udinese/Watford thing

It won’t be hugely lower level if grasshoppers get promoted. A little lower though for sure comparing the leagues.

We don't need a wide player it's the last place we need players. If he can play down the middle I can see the logic if we play 3-5-2 more often. If not then there's literally no point.

Back