• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2020 Transfer Window (Extended Version)

What's the position with Adama? Is the 2nd test positive? And if it is, does that rule him out of the first two games?

If we take F1 as how they are dealing with Sport, he will be ok as long as he tests negative next week. 7 days if a positive test and he doesn't have to do the full quarantine when returning from Spain as he is exempt from that.

In F1 Perez had 2 positive tests a week apart and missed 2 races, the Thursday before the next race he tested negative and was allowed to return and race.

My concern at present is the (enforced) lack of time for a structured pre-season and possible/probable lack of recuperation with a thin squad. Any incoming players will not have the benefit of being able to bed down.

This will be a new challenge in what is arguably the defining period for this Wolves incarnation - get it right and it could be THE springboard to far greater success, get it wrong, by which I mean out of European contention / mid-table or worse and the whole thing could unravel.

If we take F1 as how they are dealing with Sport, he will be ok as long as he tests negative next week. 7 days if a positive test and he doesn't have to do the full quarantine when returning from Spain as he is exempt from that.

In F1 Perez had 2 positive tests a week apart and missed 2 races, the Thursday before the next race he tested negative and was allowed to return and race.
Sergio Perez?

NFL is similar. 2 negative tests at least a week after the positive

Perez, not Sainz, but yeah. Traore should be OK as long his second test is negative.

Clearly says Perez....so many with eye troubles today. Worrying

Can’t wait until the where will finish poll 20/21 thread appears.

Personally I would really like a player or 2 in before the season starts but still laid back because a) The window remains open beyond that date and b) I really really can't be doing with getting wound up/annoyed by something completely out of my control As you have said before Jinks "I have better things to do and (maybe) a life". I know I am probably in a minority with that view point but its just a game and a team I follow as a hobby really. A hobby I love I will add but other things are far more important to get wound up by.

I can't see why so many people are seeing point b) as some kind of 'Hallelujah!' moment... aren't you just saying that you're a pretty chilled guy and life's too short?

That's not really taking external factors into account, or extrapolating an opinion based on what's going on, maybe even if we were relegated you'd still be able to rationalise it?

I think it also sets up a bit of a false dichotomy where people who are more concerned and see little warning signs piling up are taking it 'too seriously' , or getting 'wound up' . I don't find that to be the case with myself and I'm sure it's not the case with others.

As for things we can't control, I can't control a global pandemic or world political events, doesn't mean I can't be concerned by them? Or that being concerned about Wolves means I'm unable to be concerned about more important stuff

A global pandemic can kill me or my family...Wolves doing something badly can maybe annoy me for 24 hours (48 if its an FA Cup Semi Final or VAR ruling out a goal v Leicester at Molineux)

My point B is for me and me alone. If others feel differently, well fine and good. I am not telling anyone how they should feel or react to anything. Your life, live how you feel. Don't take that as my trying to climb above everyone and look down, it isn't. Just my own personal view on things, shared on a public forum in response to someone asking a question.

Things are all relative when I’m talking, watching or listening to football am I slightly concerned about where we are? Yes slightly. Does it keep me awake at night? Absolutely not
If I was struggling to pay my bills would I have sleepless nights? Yes big time
I think people who’ve posted on here that they are panicked or worried are speaking in pure football sense I doubt for one minute anyone tosses and turns at night worrying about our next signing, if you do you need to have a look at your priorities.

I haven't once said Wolves are as important as a global pandemic! But we are on the Wolves forum after all, and we're still all spending time on here.

I'm not criticising you being laid back, each to their own, but I just don't see what people are lauding it for as some group revelation.

It seems unrelated to the topic, you're not concerned because... you're not concerned, we could be talking about transfers, stadium redevelopment or the price of pies

I can't see why so many people are seeing point b) as some kind of 'Hallelujah!' moment... aren't you just saying that you're a pretty chilled guy and life's too short?

That's not really taking external factors into account, or extrapolating an opinion based on what's going on, maybe even if we were relegated you'd still be able to rationalise it?

I think it also sets up a bit of a false dichotomy where people who are more concerned and see little warning signs piling up are taking it 'too seriously' , or getting 'wound up' . I don't find that to be the case with myself and I'm sure it's not the case with others.

As for things we can't control, I can't control a global pandemic or world political events, doesn't mean I can't be concerned by them? Or that being concerned about Wolves means I'm unable to be concerned about more important stuff

I'm with you here, if we all took point b) by the letter we wouldn't even bother watching football, as without the emotion there is no point to it.

I was really fucked off when Mike Dean gave that penalty at Burnley, i wasn't in control of it though, i can't really get on board with telling people not to be a little emotional or annoyed about if we start the season with a weaker squad than we ended the last one, i'll be pretty fed up about that myself to be honest.

I think people who’ve posted on here that they are panicked or worried are speaking in pure football sense I doubt for one minute anyone tosses and turns at night worrying about our next signing, if you do you need to have a look at your priorities.

Spot on. I might get heated on a forum if we talk about a band or politician or footballer I don't like, but it doesn't affect my off forum life

Criticism will be valid if we end the window under strength but we simply aren't at that point yet

This is it for me. We should have done better in last summer's window and it will be concerning if we have a poor window this summer too. We're not there yet though so I see no point in getting myself worried about it.

I'd love us to have signed 2 or 3 players by now but what is important for me is that we end the transfer window stronger than when we started it, whenever those signings may be.

Back