• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2020 Transfer Window (Extended Version)

I think most were surprised at the fee tbf. As was I, I still think it was about £5m too low.

Wonder what the reasoning is - I think the “Jeff doesn’t know what he’s doing” stuff is daft, but did we let him go cheaper because we wanted to move him on, because he kicked off about leaving, as a reward for long service so he got a bigger signing on fee - we’ll probably never know. (But id like to!!)

Yeah, it seems strange to me. I guess they considered that this is the best time to get value for him (which I'd agree with) but the value we have got for him doesn't seem right to me. I suppose the reported fee could be lower than it actually is.

Are the people that were comfortable last week starting to get itchy feet yet, or are you all still laid back and absolutely confident Jeff will get the business done?

What's that... 11 days until the season kicks off?

Are the people that were comfortable last week starting to get itchy feet yet, or are you all still laid back and absolutely confident Jeff will get the business done?

What's that... 11 days until the season kicks off?

Not at all. We've got over a month to get players in.

So, nowt doing again this morning. Tumbleweed blowing across Twitter and the forum. I'm not quite sure I'm at the "two years of progress thrown away" stage yet, but this lack of activity - plus no crowds - seems to have killed off much of the enthusiasm for the new season. I'd quite happily take 7th now

I would rather definitely be happier if we at least got the wing backs sorted before kick off, the rest can follow but Vinagre and Buur is a little lacking in at the very least experience.

Personally I would really like a player or 2 in before the season starts but still laid back because a) The window remains open beyond that date and b) I really really can't be doing with getting wound up/annoyed by something completely out of my control As you have said before Jinks "I have better things to do and (maybe) a life". I know I am probably in a minority with that view point but its just a game and a team I follow as a hobby really. A hobby I love I will add but other things are far more important to get wound up by.

Personally I would really like a player or 2 in before the season starts but still laid back because a) The window remains open beyond that date and b) I really really can't be doing with getting wound up/annoyed by something completely out of my control As you have said before Jinks "I have better things to do and (maybe) a life". I know I am probably in a minority with that view point but its just a game and a team I follow as a hobby really. A hobby I love I will add but other things are far more important to get wound up by.

This sums up where I sit too

We'd all like a RWB in asap just as none of unwanted Doherty injured at the start of last season. Worse case is we will sign one by 5 October and like last season Traore will fill in. Not ideal but not the end of the world.

Pretty much this.

Criticism will be valid if we end the window under strength but we simply aren't at that point yet - and yet again, we don't know how far down the line we are with negotiations and for whom etc etc. I fail to see how anyone can get that wound up about stuff we don't know about when there's still plenty of time to go yet.

And yeah - totally agree with point B above BTW.

We'd all like a RWB in asap just as none of unwanted Doherty injured at the start of last season. Worse case is we will sign one by 5 October and like last season Traore will fill in. Not ideal but not the end of the world.

You have more control over transfers than injuries though, it's maybe not a case of whether it's the end of the world or not, more whether questions need to be asked of the club's hierarchy in such an eventuality

*gets ready to delete the minority claim*

Not at all. We've got over a month to get players in.

I understand the transfer window doesn't close when we kick off against Sheffield United, but surely even the most ardent supporter saying "we've got over a month to get players in" must be wondering what's going on?

Totally agree with Kenny that it's not worth getting wound up over, but I'm completely bemused by our lack of signings as it stands.

Whatever anyone says on it, Nuno won't be as calm as a few of you about the state of his squad going in to competitive PL games (again, as it stands).

I'm beginning to get concerned now - we have a real opportunity to get off to a flyer with those fixtures which I fear may go to waste. We'd comfortably have made Europe last season without the somewhat indifferent start and I'd rather not be playing catch-up again after six weeks.

Nuno could not have been any clearer post Sevilla on what he wanted - three and a half weeks on and we're only down in numbers.

i still do think the signings will come, but perhaps not at the optimum time. That said, we're not alone there but the Doc/Jonny losses have only exacerbated an issue already acknowledged quite publicly by Nuno.

Whatever anyone says on it, Nuno won't be as calm as a few of you about the state of his squad going in to competitive PL games (again, as it stands).

No clue though do we. If we are sat there in talks with no one then, yeah he is losing his shit but no clue on that or if players have been in talks. Nuno will have some sort of presser soon for the launch of the season, so we may get an idea then.
He could do a Redknapp and play Sondagaard at RWB in a friendly to make a point.

Anyway, we are just 2 days away from Ghoulam catching his flight to the UK...

If we start the new season with a weaker side than the one we ended the previous one with I'll be disappointed. I still don't understand the sell before you buy strategy when it comes to a starting player.

I think we'd lose at Sheff Utd irrespective of signings due to the timing and City at home is clearly tough, I hope most of our business is done before the West Ham game on the 26th though.

What's the position with Adama? Is the 2nd test positive? And if it is, does that rule him out of the first two games?

If we start the new season with a weaker side than the one we ended the previous one with I'll be disappointed. I still don't understand the sell before you buy strategy when it comes to a starting player.

I think we'd lose at Sheff Utd irrespective of signings due to the timing and City at home is clearly tough, I hope most of our business is done before the West Ham game on the 26th though.

Jorge Mendes is the agent of both head coaches and the player involved. The Doherty transfer would've been easy to get over the line. It's not a strategy to sell before we buy, it's just the way it's worked out this time.

Back