• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2020 Transfer Window (Extended Version)

This is it for me. We should have done better in last summer's window and it will be concerning if we have a poor window this summer too. We're not there yet though so I see no point in getting myself worried about it.

I'd love us to have signed 2 or 3 players by now but what is important for me is that we end the transfer window stronger than when we started it, whenever those signings may be.

Will you be happy if we've strengthened by the "end of the window" but have lost the first 4 games by that point because we failed to strengthen earlier?

I really don't want that thread starting until closer to the season starting. All it will do is incite more arguments and bickering.

I really don't want that thread starting until closer to the season starting. All it will do is incite more arguments and bickering.

As long as predictions aren’t outrageous then can’t see the problem.

Should be just before first game anyway, surely? No need for it right now anyway.

Will you be happy if we've strengthened by the "end of the window" but have lost the first 4 games by that point because we failed to strengthen earlier?
I'm never happy when we lose games so obviously I wouldn't be (not that we should lose four games in a row with the players we currently have anyway). As I said, I'd have loved us to have signed 2 or 3 players already.

If we start the season having not made a single signing then I will certainly be disappointed but I don't expect that to be the case. If it is then clearly there are some issues with our recruitment strategy that need addressing. However, ending the window stronger than we started it is the main objective.

Not doing that btw. In no way am I telling people how they should feel or react to things.

It's just the little, probably unintentional language escalations, Jinky asked who was more concerned now than they were a week ago or whatever. Quite mild and neutral terminology. Then people start defining themselves as 'not wound up' or 'not annoyed'

Should be just before first game anyway, surely? No need for it right now anyway.

Don’t think it makes a huge difference as it’s unlikely will have more than 1 if any through the door in the next 7-8 days.

ok, im not concerned and therefore by not being concerned I am not getting annoyed or wound up by the situation.

As long as predictions aren’t outrageous then can’t see the problem.

I'd be surprised if even the most pessimistic of us didn't have us as at least 9th/10th as it stands

Look circumstances this year are unique so I can understand how that may change things. My view point is you should aim to have all recruitment done by game 1 any recruitment afterwards should only be due to injury or unexpected weaknesses noticed early on. 12 points up for grabs prior to the window closing, I do think the PL scheduling of the opening weekend is laughable, easily could have put us against Man City and Chelsea v Man Utd PP until later in the season.

We won't be losing the first 4 games regardless of who we do or don't sign between now and October 5th. Strange how people seem to have forgotten this seeing as we played in a European quarter final 3 weeks ago but we're actually a bit good.

Now, if the window closes and we haven't strengthened then yes, I'd be worried for the coming season. I'd also be worried about losing Nuno given his comments after the Sevilla game. But nobody here actually believes we won't strength I'd hope. Let's not forget that even though Nuno made those comments he was also involved in the decision to accept the offer from Spurs. He'll have done that knowing exactly who our targets are. Doc leaving happened first purely because of how easy the deal would've been to push through seeing as the same agency manages every party involved in the transfer.

There's no way in normal circumstances that anyone apart from the most fickle Wolves fan would be panicking 3 weeks after the end of the season. The fact that our pre-season has been cut so short is beyond our control but we shouldn't allow it to affect our transfer business. The most important thing here is that we sign the right players at the right price. If that happens before Sheffield United away then great, if it doesn't then we'll just have to deal with it. We need to be thinking long term.

ok, im not concerned and therefore by not being concerned I am not getting annoyed or wound up by the situation.

Balanced point, and of course there are far more important things in life than this...BUT, i really wanna see some new signings soon :)

Balanced point, and of course there are far more important things in life than this...BUT, i really wanna see some new signings soon :)

You panicking, kneejerk, wound up, annoyed fan, you!!

HOW DARE YOU ;)

Wolves and Everton are both keeping close tabs on Atletico Madrid's Thomas Lemar.

The Frenchman has reportedly rejected a move to Porto as he would prefer a move to the Premier League. The Spanish club are looking for €25-30million

For an attacking midfielder, he has 4 goals in 50+ appearances over the last 2 x seasons. No thank you and we don't need any more wingers (although ANY signing would be welcomed at the moment).

Lemar is a lazy link. Are we now onto the 3rd or 4th window he has been joining us?

Back