• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2020 Transfer Window (Extended Version)

I thought Lemar had been moved more centrally - think he was valued at 90m or something ridiculous a few years back, he's a talented player who probably just needs a move.

I might be wrong but I think GFFH who used to post on here alluded that we were in for him previously so I don't think the link is totally unfounded as he was reliable. Whether we are back in for him now is another matter.

Arsenal bid £90m for him. Liverpool bid £65m. Atleti got him for £70m.

Judging him by his scoring figures at ultra defensive Simeone ball seems a little wide of the mark. He scored plenty at Monaco. Like you say though, winger is where we are pretty stocked.

If he was playing centrally and we were looking at Neves Moutinho Lemar in a 3-5-2, he could be a brilliant signing. That’s a serious midfield. I can’t see the Everton link being right with their activity already all in that area of the pitch. Not to mention the wages they looking like taking on into already strained finances.

Arsenal bid £90m for him. Liverpool bid £65m. Atleti got him for £70m.

Judging him by his scoring figures at ultra defensive Simeone ball seems a little wide of the mark. He scored plenty at Monaco. Like you say though, winger is where we are pretty stocked.

Unless Traore is now considered a wing back... :whistle:

Unless Traore is now considered a wing back... :whistle:

As Nuno has started him there are a number of occasions with varying degrees of success then yes he is. Earlier in the thread someone “joked” that maybe we would be playing 3-2-5 and we already play a version of it when we are attacking and for those first half dozen games a Traore/Vinagre wing back set up is....adventurous. It wouldn’t allow the central midfielders to get forward much.

The irony in that being that, in possession, we absolutely DO set up in a 3-2-5. Have done since day 1.

Sent from my GM1920 using Tapatalk

My concern at present is the (enforced) lack of time for a structured pre-season and possible/probable lack of recuperation with a thin squad. Any incoming players will not have the benefit of being able to bed down.

This will be a new challenge in what is arguably the defining period for this Wolves incarnation - get it right and it could be THE springboard to far greater success, get it wrong, by which I mean out of European contention / mid-table or worse and the whole thing could unravel.

I’m personally a bit worried. Mainly because if we start the season as we are we are weaker than last year.
Also with the fixtures we have quite a favourable run up until a vile 7-8 games in November/December so points on the board will be vital for a good season.

Would take a top 10 finish this year regardless given the current climate and with us seeming to struggle with the no fans more than certain other teams .

Try playing in any league with 8 men

Fuck me cyber that is a serious search for martyrdom (sp), you normally aren't that bloody obvious!sorry I was late arriving, well its 42c, the sea is like a turquoise mill pond and the cypro is 1 euro a tot with loads of ice and a mezze, however I will just say.....
I have been a wolves fan since 1957, and as far as the last three years go, I have seen nothing that leads me not to trust Jeff and Fosun, so all twitter informed transfer opinions apart, I have breathed in through the nose, read all the posts and now plan to sleep with a very nice lady with a stonking bronzed body. If I am missing any important points before the transfer window closes, or rather real points, please please let me know....(by message or pm you twat, don't phone ffs)...more ice darlin, here it comes.........

I’m personally a bit worried. Mainly because if we start the season as we are we are weaker than last year.
Also with the fixtures we have quite a favourable run up until a vile 7-8 games in November/December so points on the board will be vital for a good season.

Would take a top 10 finish this year regardless given the current climate and with us seeming to struggle with the no fans more than certain other teams .

How did we struggle more than other sides with no fans? We were 7th on the league table based on post lockdown matches, exactly where we finished in the league?

he was ace for me in fifa, if that helps

Concerned Slightly
Panicking- no
Will we lose all our first 4 - No
Are we weaker than 4 weeks ago - yes
Do i expect us to be weaker day after the window closes - no I expect us to be stronger.

Am I impatient for at least 1 deal - god yes, if nothing else but to stop all the we are all doomed to mid table obscurity merchants.

Question does anyone actually believe we will
A. Start the Season weaker than we ended last season?
B. We will be weaker post the closure of the transfer Window?

Back