• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2020 Transfer Window (Extended Version)

If it cost us £5m to switch from Doc to AMN then I'd probably be in favour of that. But it still leaves us 3 - possibly 4 - signings short

At least Percy admitted it's a blow...

Just have to hope we move quicker than normal, and this doesn't break the seal and unsettle other established members of the team and have them looking enviously at pastures new

We would still have our needs elsewhere before going for another wingback as Johnny picked up that injury. We will know at the close of the window.

He was the player mentioned in the Tugascout article I posted the link to at about 5/30 this morning. He's only 5'8" though, so Rui is going to have to find someone else to kick to.

Or we could try passing the ball out from the back...

I don't think the likes of Neves and Jimenez are going to care that Matt Doherty is leaving providing he's replaced, and he will be.

AMN in quickly and another wing back like a Corona or even Telles and all this will soon be forgot.

I'll be reassured, but it'll be forgotten easier if they end the season with a similar goals and assists record.

Or we could try passing the ball out from the back...

I don't think the likes of Neves and Jimenez are going to care that Matt Doherty is leaving providing he's replaced, and he will be.

A new, more mobile and technical wing back and centre back who is good on the ball would definitely help us evolve as a team. The idea is fine I just worry the way we are going about it. I really don’t want Traore to start there against Shef Utd

I definitely agree we need to evolve as a team and become more flexible and less predictable. Let's hope this is the start of a positive next phase

I'll be reassured, but it'll be forgotten easier if they end the season with a similar goals and assists record.

Not necessarily the be all and end all. Doc's output is very decent (although worth considering where we ask[ed] him to play, his average position is crazy for a wing back) but he contributes next to nothing to general play other than winning flick ons.

Benik Afobe had a better goals-to-minutes ratio than Leo Bonatini in the Championship but I know which one was more important to how we played.

Not necessarily the be all and end all. Doc's output is very decent (although worth considering where we ask[ed] him to play, his average position is crazy for a wing back) but he contributes next to nothing to general play other than winning flick ons.

Benik Afobe had a better goals-to-minutes ratio than Leo Bonatini in the Championship but I know which one was more important to how we played.

True, I know it's more subtle than just stats, hopefully his replacement can bring their own kind of potency

What we really need is a greater balance in goals/assists between RWB and LWB. That must make us less predictable

The Rui kick to Doc rarely sees us retain possesion anyway. Unless the ball lands at Rauls feet we concede possession as he’s literally the only player there often surrounded by at least 3 others.

If it ends up being true and Doc is replaced by AMN, does that nean Nuno thinks we've gone as far as we can with the style of play of the last 2 seasons? maybe we need to be more dynamic? probably too early to say and will depend on other players incoming I suppose

If it ends up being true and Doc is replaced by AMN, does that nean Nuno thinks we've gone as far as we can with the style of play of the last 2 seasons? maybe we need to be more dynamic? probably too early to say and will depend on other players incoming I suppose

Certainly sounds that way. Be interesting because Nuno's always been pretty adamant about the way we play, just making minor alterations or tweaks as needed. It did seem a touch crazy that we would keep playing the same way forever and there were notable instances of teams setting up to negate us in various ways.

I'm pleased if it is the case because it means he might not be as stubborn as some of us thought.

got a few feed notifications about doc being sold for 14.7m... so I guess it's actually happening, then. I could have seen an upgrade coming in for him, but to be sold altogether with no one else in yet, wowza

Ruthless. Full trust in Nuno to push us on again. Wish Matt all the best with his career - initial shambles aside, he's been a very worthy part of the past three seasons.

Back