• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2020 Transfer Window (Extended Version)

I think if we're honest most would agree that the squad depth should be the overall priority. Normally that would mean (ideally) signing players to replace the starting XI who would then drop down to the bench, not shipping bits of the first XI out to then have to replace them and still having patchy/questionable depth elsewhere (leaving aside MGW already having gone on loan, which while he didn't play all that much last season does exacerbate the problem). But, equally you could bring in players who maybe aren't expected to start straight away but can still contribute early on and maybe grow into the side.

If they have a focus on improving the first XI right now however then Doc would probably be #2 or 3 on the list - again I have to go back to Nuno's quote after the Sevilla game about players having been there the whole time. You might disagree but to me the implication was he needed new starters to replace some of those already there - it would seem to make sense Doc would be one of those.

It seems an ass backwards way to be doing things but if we get to where we want in the end it won't matter. It does seemingly make the job harder though.

Nuno: hey doc how were the hols?

Doc: brill boss just got back this morning.

Nuno: Great well we have had an offer for you from tottenham

Doc: what? Me play for mourinho???? Fuck off!!

Nuno: yes you can!

Nuno: hey doc how were the hols?

Doc: brill boss just got back this morning.

Nuno: Great well we have had an offer for you from tottenham

Doc: what? Me play for mourinho???? Fuck off!!

Nuno: yes you can!

you forgot the cypro Pav.. ;)

Transfers are fun...

EPL Transfers
@EPLTransfers20
TRANSFER NEWS
Ainsley Maitland-Niles to Wolves is a done deal
Wolves second bid was accepted. He will undergo medicals in the coming days and will be announced next week.

WOOHOO

Transfer Daily
@TransferDaily04
Wolves have a second bid rejected for Ainsley Maitland-Niles.
The second bid is £20m has been rejected for him.
Arsenal should want around £25m for him. Wolves could pay that but it is unknown at the moment.

FFS

haha Kenny, who knows..anyway, like the style we have been very quiet in public on all signings..so, maybe we have some very good players lined up...

Here's hoping we go into next weekend with a few signings bagged and the Doc discusion firmly pushed into the background

Tbf I definitely don’t want AMN if we have to pay over £20m for him.

Here's hoping we go into next weekend with a few signings bagged and the Doc discusion firmly pushed into the background

Agreed :shakehand:

Nuno and Jeff agreed to it so at least that's something

Well at least one of them would have to, or nothing would happen :icon_lol:

I think it's part of a wider shift in how we play, what form that takes exactly we'll have to see. Nuno makes these calls, he tends to make them well.

I think it's part of a wider shift in how we play, what form that takes exactly we'll have to see. Nuno makes these calls, he tends to make them well.

could be, and i trust Nuno and his team...great manager, and humble too..like it

Tbf I definitely don’t want AMN if we have to pay over £20m for him.

I think that "source" is not the best.

AMN signing has picked up speed but I guess that is due to us agreeing a fee for Doc

Agree with this.

The first eleven (and squad) needs freshening up, we know that. We just need to act quickly and recruit well

AMN in quickly and another wing back like a Corona or even Telles and all this will soon be forgot.

I'm surprised at the fee but going to try and reserve judgement until the end of the window and see how the team lines up then.

Back