• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2020 Transfer Window (Extended Version)

Let's be honest, with no current evidence to back it up, talking about Doc pushing for a move, or us not wanting to keep an unhappy player etc is just grasping at straws to fit a 'this is actually a positive move' perspective.

I wouldn't say people are calling it a positive move. Just that you can't judge it right now out without knowing what the eventual bigger picture is. That works the other way for people saying it's a disaster as well.

Surely the Mendes carousel can only work if both teams are on the carousel. To my knowledge, spurs aren’t so him doing them a favour is pointless.

What matters to me right now isn't Doherty's thoughts, feelings and ambitions, or whether Spurs are better with or without him.

It's whether losing one of the best RWB's in the league, (and one of our most consistent PL performers) for a middling fee, when we have no decent back up in the squad, and no concrete 'upgrade' on the horizon, and are already without our first choice LWB, and have much more pressing areas to recruit for, is a GOOD thing or BAD thing for my football club.

Based on current evidence, it looks more like the latter to me

I wouldn't say people are calling it a positive move. Just that you can't judge it right now out without knowing what the eventual bigger picture is. That works the other way for people saying it's a disaster as well.

Yeah that's fair enough.

I think based on the limited information we have, (12-15mill fee, Matheson and Burr as our only other RWB options) it's fair for people to be concerned though.

If the story about swapping players and no fee is true i don't think it'll happen anyway?

Spurs don't really have any players (aside from their better ones who they wouldn't offer in the deal) worth us taking

Yeah that's fair enough.

I think based on the limited information we have, (12-15mill fee, Matheson and Burr as our only other RWB options) it's fair for people to be concerned though.

If the story about swapping players and no fee is true i don't think it'll happen anyway?

Absolutely. I'm concerned, already said so. Not to the point of worrying though - I cannot believe if this is legitimate they don't comprehend what they will need to do, and quickly. It would be such a level of incompetence it would fly in the face of everything that has happened the last few years.

Rose, Foyth and perhaps Tanganga are the only ones I could see them offering.

This is beginning to look like classic Levy - get it out in the press, unsettle the club/player and then chip away.

It's all gone a bit quiet.

Is there a chance this a media invention which got a bit out of hand?

I'm still really struggling to see Doc working under Mourinho

It's all gone a bit quiet.

Is there a chance this a media invention which got a bit out of hand?

I'm still really struggling to see Doc working under Mourinho

Doherty has just come back from holiday today I think so imagine if this is happening will have his medical over the weekend.

and no concrete 'upgrade' on the horizon

You don’t actually know that though, the club could have something close but be keeping it close to their chest as usual? At the moment we still have doc and don’t have a replacement. Next week we might not have doc and have an upgrade.

You don’t actually know that though, the club could have something close but be keeping it close to their chest as usual? At the moment we still have doc and don’t have a replacement. Next week we might not have doc and have an upgrade.

AMN may be the replacement.

Also interesting we haven't stuck Matheson out on loan yet, yet quite a few others have gone.

Think Matheson might spend the next six months here, he's only 17, he's moved away from home for the first time and it's such a world away from the previous environment he was in. Think he will stay with U23s then potentially go on loan in January.

Also interesting we haven't stuck Matheson out on loan yet, yet quite a few others have gone.

Nuno has spent zero time with him yet. Presume he will join the 1st team next week and then be assesed. Window not closing until mid October for domestic transfers /loans gives him plenty of time to look at him and maybe even use him in the League Cup 2nd Round

Doherty isn’t all that good. He is fairly consistent and has improved but there are probably 100s of similar players who could do as well if not better. Not once have I watched him play and think he is irreplaceable and certainly not one of the best RWBs in the league even though it is a relatively small pool of players. He is competent and benefitting from playing under a very astute coach in a very defined system. For someone of his ability £10-£15 million is probably about right. If Spurs want him it is probably because they want to play a system similar to Wolves so he would have some value, albeit short term, to them.

If he leaves, I will be slightly sad for a few minutes and the move on to being genuinely interested in seeing if he can perform to the level he does for us at another club. I don’t think so but good luck to him.

Cameron John to Doncaster confirmed.

Signed a two year deal and we've got a sell-on clause.

Good luck to him, I can see him having a decent career

Surely the Mendes carousel can only work if both teams are on the carousel. To my knowledge, spurs aren’t so him doing them a favour is pointless.
Not that I believe it, but I guess the thinking would be that Mourinho is one of the two biggest horses on the carousel rather than Spurs the club

Back