• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2020 Transfer Window (Extended Version)

Both 23 years age at the time of the transfer.

Personally I think targett is crap, but you know Villa...

If/when he leaves, a couple of players are going to have to step up to the plate in terms of goalscoring, I haven't actually checked but he must be close to being our 3rd top scorer over the last 2 seasons?

Both 23 years age at the time of the transfer.

Personally I think targett is crap, but you know Villa...

Yeah I'm not sure Villa throwing stupid money around last summer is going to be comparable to dealing with Levy. Night and day really.

Well still in hard lockdown in Melbourne for over 5 months now, and no end in sight, to say I'm going batshit crazy and mad is an understatement, and it's not helped by catching up and reading this thread.

I've got no idea what the club are playing at in the transfer window. We all know where we need to upgrade and increase the size of the squad, but so far we're only seeing players going out.

We have to have faith the club has a plan and know what they are doing, but my confidence is somewhat below what it should be, given these times.

Corriea sounds like the ideal like for like replacement

"After being given an opportunity at Valencia early on, he looked sharp going forwards and on the ball, and was good in certain defensive aspects, such as his tackling ability, though he also received criticism for some of his defensive displays. Occasionally, he seemed to get caught out when marking his man, be it due to his starting position or his tracking back inside the box, as shown in his debut for Valencia versus Getafe and in the following match against Osasuna."

Whatever someone will pay.

If it's all true (and it seems more likely than not now that it is) then either we don't particularly want him any more, or he wants to go, or both. As such he doesn't have a future here.

Teams move on, look at Fergie selling McGrath, Whiteside, Strachan, Ince, Sharpe, Hughes, Kanchelskis, Pallister, Stam, Beckham, Butt, P Neville, van Nistelrooy. How many of those did he get wrong, maybe two at most? It's where Nuno earns his corn, assess where we are, where we can improve and if we need to be ruthless along the way, so be it.

Mucho wailing when we sold Douglas and Afobe as they were both popular. Don't think anyone has missed either for a second and he's been fully vindicated in what he did.

That's the thing, we just dont know the ins and out, maybe Doc's numbers in training are dropping this season and just like the moter you are driving you know is on the way out you sell it while you can for a decent price because in 6 months you know you wont get the same money. As per one Kevin Doyle for example.
That was one of Fergie's greatest talents sporting when someone was past it and letting them go. In 12 months we can judge if we got value for money or not.

I reckon page 103 for our first signing this year.

That's the thing, we just dont know the ins and out, maybe Doc's numbers in training are dropping this season and just like the moter you are driving you know is on the way out you sell it while you can for a decent price because in 6 months you know you wont get the same money. As per one Kevin Doyle for example.
That was one of Fergie's greatest talents sporting when someone was past it and letting them go. In 12 months we can judge if we got value for money or not.

I think that's one of the most likely explanations. Doc has never looked the most natural athlete and yep, I just wonder if the fitness KPIs have started to dip and they've decided to cash in.

If we were to enquire about Matty Cash (Deutsch's excellent shout) then I expect Forest would want in the region of £15m for one of their prize assets, even though he's never played in the PL. OK he's younger but still, the fee for someone established like Doc just doesn't sit right.

Levy is known to be stubborn so just tell him to feck off and risk the wrath of Jose. If we really want to replace him I'm sure there'll be plenty of other clubs interested for the price we want now they know he's available.

Genuine question: What are people's thoughts about Mendes involvement in the Doherty transfer?

I forgot Doc had moved over to JM last year, and I've seen a few comments online about this being a Mendes favour... part of the merry-go-round and all that.

Does that explain the fairly low fee (same as us getting Moutinho pretty cheaply)? Is this a necessary evil, a big problem for us in the future or nothing to worry about?

Too many people on this forum appear to think they know more about the structure of the club and the transfer dealings than Nuno and Jeff themselves.

There must be a very good reason as to why Docs is allegedly going to Tottenham and I think people need to trust Nuno for that.

I didn't think Moutinho was that cheap. He was out of the Monaco side, a month off being 32 and on £100k a week, so £5m seemed about right. Obviously it's proven to be a steal, but not sure it was a favour

Back