• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2020 Transfer Window (Extended Version)

Maybe Nuno wants to upgrade him? Docs great in the air, and effective going forward, but he’s not great defensively, has no real pace and his passing is average. Maybe Nuno wants a better defender with more pace and better technical ability, and can see we’d be selling doc at the right time.

Just as devils advocate.

If we got a decent price for him and replaced him properly then I wouldn't be adverse to letting him go. He is one of the areas we probably need to look at upgrading.

Fair play to him if he does go and get himself a big pay day. He certainly seems to have put the effort in to change from an overweight, lazy liability a few seasons ago to now be being chased by Mourinho.

Too much doesn't add up, not least as Jack said, he's a massive Arsenal fan.

I do doubt the importance of his boyhood team influencing his choice of club - he is a post-pubescent professional.

Maybe Nuno wants to upgrade him? Docs great in the air, and effective going forward, but he’s not great defensively, has no real pace and his passing is average. Maybe Nuno wants a better defender with more pace and better technical ability, and can see we’d be selling doc at the right time.

Just as devils advocate.

I don't care if we do sell him, I'm hardly his biggest fan. It just doesn't seem credible.

Why does that matter??

Assuming he's happy at Wolves, moving to Tottenham wouldn't be his first choice unless it's stupid money. Levy doesn't tend to pay out more than he absolutely has to.

I'm not saying being an Arsenal fan is the only reason it doesn't add up, it's just one of many.

Ooo - it’s the Athletic it must be true. Come on. They have been in football for less than a year.

If we sell Doc and get in AMN and Ghoulam I think I'm happy with that.....ish

Id still expect us to do other business though

And if we do, then Doc will have cost a hell of a lot more than these quoted figures.

I’m quite relaxed to be honest, rwb is third on my list to upgrade so if we can get an upgrade in and a near 29 year old who wouldn’t be thrilled about being backup out then that’s fine.

If it helps him get a payday and a shot at one of the traditionally big clubs too, then good for him, he’s done well for us.

If On the other hand, he stays, then he’s a good player and knows our system, it’s not the end of the world to upgrade him next summer.

No point selling him at the quoted figures, when we'd be paying out more for a decent replacement. And we don't really move that quickly to stock up in any position apart from wide forwards, so the likelihood is we start with a newbie on the right and Vinagre on the left with no back up in the short term

Miguel Delaney also now saying its pretty much a done deal.

He's not really one I'd associate with transfers with any accuracy.

It's very odd that we've heard absolutely nothing from any of the usual Wolves journalists on this.

Spiers is away isn’t he? And John Percy hasn’t said anything on it I don’t think, he usually seems on the ball with us

He's not really one I'd associate with transfers with any accuracy.

It's very odd that we've heard absolutely nothing from any of the usual Wolves journalists on this.

He’s also not one I’d associate with spouting BS, to add his latest tweet says the fee is very low for the current market although not yet agreed.

Back