• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2020 Transfer Window (Extended Version)

If we genuinely think our players were knackered towards the end of last season after 3 months without competitive football and then a full week off training before Olimpiacos, then this small 2 week break isn’t going to fix it either. So we might not have the season we are all hoping next season, unless we sign 2-3 players to go straight into the XI

The three weeks given off will act as a good chance for the players to switch off for the first time in over a year. It's an actual rest, which the three months wasn't. As it is only three weeks, the players won't have lost too much match fitness either, so those going into international games should be okay whereas I imagine we will have a couple of games behind closed doors for the others.

It's not ideal but we should be OK. I think we will be at a slight disadvantage when we come up against Sheffield United but after that I am not too worried.

Looking at Twitter Doc is as good as in the Spurs dressing room for £12m. I simply can't believe £12m. Or that Matt Doherty is trending...

Wolves have reportedly lined up a move for Valencia full back Thierry Correia as they brace themselves for Tottenham to firm up interest in Matt Doherty.

Correia (21) is a right-back but can also play on the left to provide cover. [source: Telegraph]

Edit: sorry, didn’t realise this had been posted on the previous page. It got lost amongst DW & PK’s flirting...

The three weeks given off will act as a good chance for the players to switch off for the first time in over a year. It's an actual rest, which the three months wasn't. As it is only three weeks, the players won't have lost too much match fitness, either so those going into international games should be okay whereas I imagine we will have a couple of games behind closed doors for the others.

It's not ideal but we should be OK. I think we will be at a slight disadvantage when we come up against Sheffield United but after that I am not too worried.

Where have you seen 3 weeks? That would leave only 12 days before first game and zero training for people on international duty.

I know the 3 months wasn’t an actual rest but it’s not like players don’t stop training in the off season like they used to, so that isn’t actual rest either (albeit good mental rest).

We're not back until Sep 1st.

Everyone who's not with their national teams of course.

Where have you seen 3 weeks? That would leave only 12 days before first game and zero training for people on international duty.

I know the 3 months wasn’t an actual rest but it’s not like players don’t stop training in the off season like they used to, so that isn’t actual rest either (albeit good mental rest).

Last game was 11th August. Training resumes 1st September as Dan says

Last game was 11th August. Training resumes 1st September as Dan says

I hadn’t seen the 1st September bit. So as I thought, only 12 days training and zero for players on international duty (bar the weekend before the game).

Nah it’s 21 days, and those players come back from internationals In the early part of the week before Sheffield United game.

Looking at Twitter Doc is as good as in the Spurs dressing room for £12m. I simply can't believe £12m. Or that Matt Doherty is trending...

To make the deal even worse is that it is being reported over here that Bohemians are due10% of the fee.

Cant see us letting him go with less then £11million to show for it

This Doc thing is fucking nonsense, why do most of our fan base seem to believe it? Do they not understand how newspapers and rumours work

Edit. The athletic saying we're close to agreeing a fee. Fuck me

This Doc thing is fucking nonsense, why do most of our fan base seem to believe it? Do they not understand how newspapers and rumours work

Edit. The athletic saying we're close to agreeing a fee. Fuck me

Yep.

Tottenham Hotspur and Wolverhampton Wanderers are getting closer to agreeing a fee for Irish right-back Matt Doherty, reports Jack Pitt-Brooke.

Jose Mourinho has made Doherty his priority after an impressive spell at Wolves as he looks for an upgrade on Serge Aurier in that position. Wolves initially wanted £20million for the 28-year-old but Spurs’ first offer was understood to be closer to £12m before add-ons. But both sides are keen to reach an agreement and are likely to settle on a fee of roughly £15m.

Doherty still has three years left on his contract at Wolves but their interest in Ainsley Maitland-Niles of Arsenal suggests that they have already lined up a replacement.

Let's hope it's not true, we want to build a quality small squad, not stay at the same numbers

hqdefault.jpg

Garbo.

Got to be honest i think Doc is pretty good at what he does for us especially when we don't sit back and let him attack but can't imagine us playing him at right back. If Jose thinks Doc playing right back in a back four is a good idea i don't think he's watched him play. As it is if we have players in mind to replace him and we can do that and sell him for between £15-£20 million and it also leads us to playing football from goal kicks and kick offs i'm all for it.

There’s definitely legs in this one, I’ll be fucking gutted if it happens.

The Athletic don't post bullshit. The interest is at least real as is ours in AMN. If we sell him for £15m we have financial issues though

Back