• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2019 Transfer Thread

If we want a Benfica centre back then we should be in for Ferro not Dias.

That kid is special - as is Gedson, Luis, Felix etc. They have some amazing players.

(As seen on my scouting mission last week)

I know football is a fickle sport but the likes of Neves, Jota & Jimenez seem genuinely happy to be here. We can throw some pretty hefty wages at them too if needed so unless a top club came in for them then I would be very surprised if any of our best players left in the summer. Same with Nuno (keeping him and his staff is more important than keeping any player IMO).

I know football is a fickle sport but the likes of Neves, Jota & Jimenez seem genuinely happy to be here. We can throw some pretty hefty wages at them too if needed so unless a top club came in for them then I would be very surprised if any of our best players left in the summer. Same with Nuno (keeping him and his staff is more important than keeping any player IMO).

Can't offer them Europe and that's the thing that will harm our recruitment at the moment. Ferro, Dias and Felix are outstanding talent and they are all first team players for Benfica and going to play in the Champions League.

Jota, Neves and Jiminez were not first team regulars at their respective clubs when we bought them.

I don't think we're there yet.

Can't offer them Europe and that's the thing that will harm our recruitment at the moment. Ferro, Dias and Felix are outstanding talent and they are all first team players for Benfica and going to play in the Champions League.

Jota, Neves and Jiminez were not first team regulars at their respective clubs when we bought them.

I don't think we're there yet.

I agree with that. I was referring to the comments about potentially selling Neves rather than our rumoured interest in the likes of Felix who we have no chance of signing.

I hope our summer recruitment continues along the same line as last season - Patricio, Moutinho, Dendoncker, Jonny & Jimenez were all excellent signings (Traore not so much!).

I posted a very similar statement to the above last summer and was widely mocked on here for thinking that a player wouldn't just pack his bags up and run off in to the sunset as soon as some serious cash is waved under their noses.

I genuinely believe our recruitment goes further than the talent on the pitch. Most of the lads we have on our books seem really level headed & sensible - they see the bigger picture. Jota was interviewed a few weeks back and said he loves being the underdog. I can see more signings of that level in the summer.

Ajax are the model. A team of young, hungry players who play good football and stick together as a TEAM rather than individuals. I think that's where Fosun want us to be in a few years.

Ajax are the best team in Dutch football, it's not comparable.

Frankfurt are a good 'reference' as all the Porties put it. Or Atalanta.

There is no chance that Felix will be loaned out. The board won't be out in the street before the day was out.

I wouldn't want Ruben Dias anywhere near Wolves, either. Don't like him, he's dumb as a peanut. Ferro is so much better than him.

Tino is a marvel in the midfield, too.

Ajax are the best team in Dutch football, it's not comparable.

It kind of is. Ajax have a philosophy that is taught throughout their academy. They are taught to play the Ajax way from youth level up so that when graduates make the 1st team, they slot in perfectly. I believe we are trying to do something similar now under Nuno.

It kind of is. Ajax have a philosophy that is taught throughout their academy. They are taught to play the Ajax way from youth level up so that when graduates make the 1st team, they slot in perfectly. I believe we are trying to do something similar now under Nuno.

Not really. Wolves are not the best team in England so we are hardly going to have the best English players at our disposal. We can't operate on the same model other than buying in good talent to progress as a team, but then we are not alone in that philosophy (Spurs, Soton and Arsenal all do this too).

With Norwich now promoted would they put in a cheeky bid for Ruddy and Bennett now they can afford their wages? Conceivably we would be upgrading both over the summer anyhow.

I don't think they would. Norwich have a decent keeper with plenty of Prem Experience in Krul, so doubt Ruddy would swap our bench to potentially sit on theirs. Bennett is probably out of their pay range now as well. Reports I have seen have said Norwich will have a transfer budget of £20m for the summer, which is not a great deal so they will carry on looking for the cheaper Euro targets I reckon

Ruddy will be off but Bennett as proven can cut it in this division, even if we replace him he'll still be a squad player next season.

If we make Europe I think Ruddy will stay. We'd be offering him a reasonable amount of game time and a salary he'd be unlikely to get in the Championship

If we make Europe I think Ruddy will stay. We'd be offering him a reasonable amount of game time and a salary he'd be unlikely to get in the Championship

Im not sure on Ruddy. He will want to be a 1st choice somewhere and I am not sure wages will be a huge thing with him at this point in his career. If someone comes in for him, say a Huddersfield type club I think he will ask if he can speak with them

I'd agree if we we don't finish 7th, but think the attraction of Europe will appeal to him.

I reckon Rui will be our Euro keeper. He can probably accept missing League/FA Cup games but he will want the Europa games. So Ruddy will keep the bench warm for those games as well

If Ruddy stays, we need to decide what to do with Norris. He is a very good keeper but will need to start playing. Do we loan him out and bump young Sondergard up into the 3rd choice position

I guess that's what it comes down to. I think Ruddy would be the EL keeper. Rui has had a decade of Europe it won't be a novelty to him

Back