• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2019 Transfer Thread

1) no one said this

We’d gain a lot more attacking prowess but lose a lot going the other way.

No way are we signing James. Firstly, the wages he's on have to be ridiculous. Second, as Punts has already mentioned, he doesn't do the defensive work

James doesn't really do the defensive work which is why Bayern are letting him go.

2) everyone has admitted we won’t be singing him

Not disputing that. I agree.

Next question?

I didn't ask any questions :icon_wink:

Id say that was more stating the facts that he is a lot more attacking than the current incumbent in Donk. Which is true, however it’s possibly what we need moving forward. But I wouldn’t be not signing a player like that because he doesn’t pull his weight.

Moutinho would take Donck's spot with James furthest forward in the formation.

Even if we had the chance, his wages would be too prohibitive IMO. Got to be on at least £250k p/w.

It’s beyond us in terms of wage cap at the moment. Give it two seasons and then if we keep the progression at the current rate that sort of player is in range. James is almost certainly on more now than Harry Kane is on at Spurs.

What even is this thread. I was delighted when we signed James Henry permanently not long ago it feels like.

Looks like guesswork as usual to me. We will be linked with Andre Silva forever I reckon!

The only thing that makes me wonder 're that Mirror article is the idea we can smash through the wage ceiling but are much more limited subsequently. If that's right it makes sense (sort of) to go way beyond in the window you do exceed it.

Goals from midfielders this season:

Jorginho - 2
Matic - 1
Gundogan - 5
Fernandinho - 1
Keita - 3
Henderson - 1
Fabinho - 1
Torriera - 2
Xhaka - 4
Guendouzi - 1
Winks - 1
Dier - 2
Sissoko - 0
Barkley - 5
Kovacic - 0

Can’t be arsed to look for any more on my phone, but if Donck had had his shooting boots on he’d have outscored the lot. Neves is playing deeper and Moutinho runs the show from midfield. As standard CMs go we’re bang where we should be, if you want someone more attacking against the sit back sides it’s a formation change.

Donck has now outscored eight of those and is level with another three. In half a season.

Bruno Fernandes with a hat-trick plus an assist tonight in an 8-1 win for Sporting.

Gerrimin!

Someone like Welbeck would give a good option for swapping between 352 and 343 but not sure he's the best individual to provide that flexibility, been a long time since I saw him play any football to know what he could bring to the table now.

Welbz is shite. Couldn't trap a wet bag of cement and made of biscuits.

Never once got into double figures in the league for anyone.

Not having Welbeck at all. Played less than 50% of Arsenal's games in the last 3 seasons, got a record of roughly 1 goal every 5 games and technically not good enough. One of those players that because he's played for United and Arsenal some fans think they're better than they are.

Not having Welbeck at all. Played less than 50% of Arsenal's games in the last 3 seasons, got a record of roughly 1 goal every 5 games and technically not good enough. One of those players that because he's played for United and Arsenal some fans think they're better than they are.

Not just fans, England managers as well.
A player who will find his natural home on the West Ham treatment table

Back