• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2019 Transfer Thread

Doc isn't a defender. Even Nuno calls the WB's his wingers

As well as intricate play we need bodies in the box. Often the best chances against packed defences come from deflections, half clearances and other unpredictable situations. You need players in there to take advantage. Too often against Brighton they inevitably fell to defenders as we only had J and J plus Donk in the box. Look how many chances Doherty has had by simply being up there.

Whichever way you look at it, no two seasons are the same. It would be unfair of us to expect the same number of goals from Raul, Jota & Doc next season (although it would be nice). Opposing managers will be wise to us next season - we won’t be the newly promoted side anymore. So we do need others to chip in more.

I fully trust Fosun to go out and bring in some top players to add to the squad this summer.

I don't buy this "next season will be different" stuff. Teams don't have a reset button that you can only press in July. Chelsea, United and Arsenal will have been well aware of our capabilities in the last six weeks or so - none of them beat us. None of it changes because we're no longer "newly promoted". We're just a good team.

The only difference will be if the Top 6 widen their thoughts to a Top 7. As a generalisation they have plans around how the opposition play when they face each other, which they haven't afforded to us. If Arsenal thought about out style of play they wouldn't have played with a fairly high line and Ozil and Mkhitatyan in the same side when neither are known for their work rate.

Maybe Emery is just a bit rubbish? Same as Ole is when he gave Doc the freedom of Wolverhampton in the cup game.

You can stop us by just defending at the moment. If we don't score early then we struggle. But big teams will never do that.

One of Nuno's biggest successes is how much he's improved some of the players here. That's not suddenly going to stop. I think we're going to see a lot more from some member of our squad, and that's before you think about adding to the squad.

We are a good team and we're going to get better.

The only difference will be if the Top 6 widen their thoughts to a Top 7. As a generalisation they have plans around how the opposition play when they face each other, which they haven't afforded to us. If Arsenal thought about out style of play they wouldn't have played with a fairly high line and Ozil and Mkhitatyan in the same side when neither are known for their work rate.

All teams in the Prem and Championship have plans for every other team. That's what the matchday scouts and analysts do for a living. It's the manager's that take the blame for their own plans.

The top 6 aren't defensive against each other so I see no reason why they would change that for us. I think they are very dogmatic in their approach no matter what game it is and they expect to compete with the opposition with that approach rather than adjusting for the opposition. They have the players and confidence to do that. Even Burnley have a style they are wedded too and they are at their best when they stick to it rather than changing all the time.

It tends to be the teams with weaker managers and squads that go all defensive and it rarely works out for them.

I see the Bookies putting us at 4-1 to sign Joao Felix has sent social media nuts.

I see the Bookies putting us at 4-1 to sign Joao Felix has sent social media nuts.
I believe that's what we in the biz call "a statement of intent".

It's also a fat load of bollocks but mugs will bet on shit like this

We will not be signing João Félix this summer. :icon_lol:

There will be shed loads of rumours floating around in a few weeks - very few will be accurate

But the bookies say we might...
...And those guys know what they're talking about...

If we were going to sign a Benfica wonderkid I'd rather it was Florentino Luís. I think he'd be a perfect fit.

Thing is people would've said "we'll never sign Neves" I know Felix is even more unlikely but it'll encourage people to lump on too.

Thing is people would've said "we'll never sign Neves" .

The Friday evening the first rumblings of Neves signing, I believe I was the 1st person on this forum to say it was bollocks. 3 hours later it was all but confirmed

It appears this trick hasn't worked on Felix though

Back