• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2019 Transfer Thread

For "marquee"signing see Manutd and Sanchez to name just one of many. We don't buy shit under Fosun, and if we aye sure we loan first, can't see the wrong in this personally!

I'm talking Ruben Neves, Joao Moutinho, Rui Patrico levels of "marquee signing" and am definitely not suggesting signing shit with a big name for the sake of it.

I am satisfied if we add another good player, hopefully an attacking midfielder, cutrone is a lot better than most people think. We got rid of deadwood, we have a young beano improvement. Slow and steady is safe

I'm talking Ruben Neves, Joao Moutinho, Rui Patrico levels of "marquee signing" and am definitely not suggesting signing shit with a big name for the sake of it.

Point is though that we own those players now.

There are very few gaps in the starting XI where you think there's an obvious area to upgrade, it's not something we can keep doing. A lot easier to do it when we've got either a rubbish Championship team to build on (or more or less start again) or we've just got promoted.

Last year we had three first teamers in Douglas, N'Diaye and Afobe leave - all the right decision - and they got replaced.

We haven't had to replace anyone this year, Cav and Costa hardly played and Hause had already gone.

There are very few gaps in the starting XI where you think there's an obvious area to upgrade, it's not something we can keep doing. A lot easier to do it when we've got either a rubbish Championship team to build on (or more or less start again) or we've just got promoted.

Last year we had three first teamers in Douglas, N'Diaye and Afobe leave - all the right decision - and they got replaced.

We haven't had to replace anyone this year, Cav and Costa hardly played and Hause had already gone.

Although I'm slightly underwhelmed with the window so far, it is worth remembering that this time last year plenty of Wolves fans were complaining about the sale of Douglas and Afobe. Their subsequent performances have proved that both sales were the right decisions

I know and a valid point.

I think my expectations are raised following the last couple of years and I just want us to aim for the "next level". Now given where we were previously, it was certainly a lot easier to "level up" over the last couple of seasons and especially in terms of squad/first team quality.

It may well take more patience and more time to get to the next bracket of where I want us to be, and I'm happy to wait but equally we have been spoilt over the last couple of years and the inner excited Wolves fan in me would have liked to have seen it continue this off season.

I agree with Stan, we have been a bit spoiled. I also thought we might sign a marque player, particularly as we've just got into Europe. Someone to really come into the first XI and improve it.

I'm still hopeful this will happen.

Just seen a tweet regarding the 'greedy Chinese owners'. Twitter is going to be an asylum until the weekend.

I find it hard to not feel a bit underwhelmed by the transfer window but I have to remind myself we did spend £50m to keep hold of Dendoncker and Jimenez. I think we are very careful with who we target and how much money we spend which is a good thing imo. We’ve kept our excellent first team together and kept Nuno and his team on board so that’s a massive thing to remember also.

Fosun want success but it looks like it’ll be a gradual build up rather than throwing money around in the way City and Chelsea did. Let’s see how the season goes but I’m optimistic it’ll be another excellent one for us.

Twitter - or cunt soup as I must now learn to call it - is now offering us Lazar Markovicz and the always fit Viktor Wanyama

I'm not sure what people were expecting this window, honestly. We've bought or loaned in high profile players in the two positions we needed to strengthen the most.

Upgrading our squad further from what we have is almost certainly going to require Champion's League football.

Back