• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2019 Transfer Thread

Seems to me it's a you thing, since you're constantly trying to beat your keyboard with it.

Have anything to say about the caliber of player we need to really improve the squad or are you content to keep stroking your virtual ego?

I find it pointless talking to you about football when you continue to make such stupid statements as you have in the last page or two.

Stop being a bummer best thing to happen on TWF all summer.

We need a thread dedicated to Alan-ism’s and Monstrum’s rants. I’d like to actually know about rumours from twitter in thos thread some random Spanish transfer account has linked us with Eibar’s Juan Jordan (hes literally just moved to sevilla. Fucksake twitter)

Shut up James. Drive your bus.

kenny be like

giphy.gif

wo!!!! when man U signed Sanchez, he was not shit with a big name as you so easily call it. fuck me some of you guys on here think you are the transfer agents to the stars, even though you know , that you know fuck all from Fosun or Nuno' plans.
please people get a fuckin life! shit i just took over PADDY'S balls i best go lie down, a lot!!!

Go and have a lie down, I think you've got sun stroke.

Just a thought for next summer...
Could we have a Transfer Thread - you know, where we discuss players who might sign for Wolves
And then have Transfer Thread 2.0 - where we discuss the housing market in Shropshire, whether you need a visa to travel to Belfast and generally insult each other?
As I say, just a thought...

where we discuss players who might sign for Wolves

Probably need another one for players who have been linked buts its clearly bullshit and have as much chance of sigining for Wolves as we do

Back to my original point...

Do people think that we could demonstrably improve the squad from where it is now without offering the carrot that is UCL football? If the links to Kessie are to be believed, he didn't join because we're "not big enough". Surely qualifying for the Champs' League mitigates that view for players?

I know we weren't in for Rugani, but Arsenal couldn't agree a deal for him. Is he worth this?

"They did look at the idea of a two-year loan deal for Rugani with a guaranteed permanent signing fee of £37million in 2021.

But they could not agree payment terms with Juventus and have now accepted that deal is not going to happen."

Do people think that we could demonstrably improve the squad from where it is now without offering the carrot that is UCL football? If the links to Kessie are to be believed, he didn't join because we're "not big enough". Surely qualifying for the Champs' League mitigates that view for players?

We can. If we were prepared/able to pay Benfica £56m in one payment the Dias would be with us. On Kessie, who knows if the stories about him not being keen are true as he never got as far as speaking to us. We were fed lines that Cutrone wasn't overly sold on joining us but here is with a 5 year deal in his pocket

Kessie is a made up link, ignore.

Knew there was a good reason that I don't post as much during the summer break (apart from having other things to do) all goes downhill!

Realistically whilst we had a brilliant season last year we are anything but an established PL teams in the eyes of many (our previous 2 attempts weren't that succesful) - given my age I am fully aware that good football predates 1992, but current players are not going to be really aware of past glories (nor should we hark back to that apart from nostalgia purposes) this is now & we have to live in this world.

Still feel we will have a good season, but enticing players who will look at our recent pedigree will not be easy - yes Fosun have the money (if they want to invest it) but under FFP cannot just throw it around willy nilly.

We have strengthened the overall squad - are there still some gaps, clearly yes - would we like more, obviously we always will whoever is brought in there is always another step to take.

Think Deutsch said a page or two back that he would trade a few places in the league for Cup sucess (whether Europa or a domestic one) - would agree with that.

I was using him more as a theoretical example.

Truth is, really, that anything not from Shi or Thelwell could and probably is total BS. Even the Dias stuff could be complete fabrication.

Majority of who we have been linked with this summer have been made up. Problem comes from that - A name is put out there and people are then convinced we are after them and get annoyed when they don't join. Biggest one on that this summer has been Diego Costa

At a slight tangent, but 3/4 of TWF posters who expressed a preference think we are going to finish lower this season than last. If that came without a Cup I think keeping our squad together next Summer may be as big a priority as improving it. If Jota has the season we think he's going to have he'll be CL ready

There isn't going to be a hard and fast rule is there, it'll vary from player to player what motivates them or what their current situation is how desperate they are to move.

Leicester are in a similar position to Wolves this summer, without the bonus of European football, and they managed to get Tielemans to commit to going there from a club who've regularly been in European competitions in recent times. I don't think there are many Wolves fans that would've turned their nose up at him and obviously CL not the be all and end all when he's picked his next club.

It's only going to get more difficult to get the right players in as the club progresses, the available pool of potential improvements will decline every summer as the club raises the bar. Money, level of competition and whatever else is all fairly transient and the importance of each varies too much between individuals to really hang your hat on them being the key to successful recruitment.

Back