• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2019 Transfer Thread

On this I am torn. Improve the squad I get but then thats 30-40 million a pop if they are going to displace a regular. The issue last season was a that when we made a substitution it made us worse not better even if the player going off was knackered. Then you have to ask about the 10m player that could come here but only to warm a bench most of the time and that is unlikely. I see the Mendes twins in that category and a compromise. They may not be as good as a starter but they could well be better than a sub from last season .

So Cutrone gets a place on the bench , 20 minutes game time each week covering Raul and full cup games
Jesus replaces Bennett who also can cover cups etc.
The Mendes twins can cover a variety of players and positions as can MGW, as can Vinagre in the cups, Ruddy in the cups,

I am struggling to see why we would bring a 50m midfielder hell bent on full first team football to replace Moutinho, Neves or Donk as that is the likely area they would play.

So for me Nuno has set out his stall , his squad, his team . If we get someone else in fine. If we dont , fine. I would rather have a small happy squad than a 30 m player who is cheesed off he cant get a game.

At a slight tangent, but 3/4 of TWF posters who expressed a preference think we are going to finish lower this season than last. If that came without a Cup I think keeping our squad together next Summer may be as big a priority as improving it. If Jota has the season we think he's going to have he'll be CL ready

Yes but TT I have said that since day one in the prem. Wolves are a great shop window and one day Jota, Neves, Donk, maybe even Rui will leave us for clubs that can be even more successful either here or in europe. They will go with my good wishes if that is where we are as a club.That was always going to be the case with our 2 growing them on" type approach. I would be amazed if we qualified for the CL but if we did I am sure the majority would want to stay. If the priority is keeping this squad together then that makes it even more improtant that they are all happy together and with the system in place.

At a slight tangent, but 3/4 of TWF posters who expressed a preference think we are going to finish lower this season than last. If that came without a Cup I think keeping our squad together next Summer may be as big a priority as improving it. If Jota has the season we think he's going to have he'll be CL ready
Part of why I think we'll improve. Players like Jota are improving all the time.
I hope Cutrone will be a sound investment.
The squad we have is good enough to break into top 6 imo.

Majority of who we have been linked with this summer have been made up. Problem comes from that - A name is put out there and people are then convinced we are after them and get annoyed when they don't join. Biggest one on that this summer has been Diego Costa

My dad is 79 and has access to the internet. I turned up to visit him and he was convinced that we were signing him as he'd read it online somewhere. When I said it was made up he offered to show me where he'd read it as proof.

It's a dangerous world that we live in.

We signed Ruben Neves from a club bigger than Wolves where he had been Captain in the Champions League.

I don't think it is hard to improve our first team XI as we could throw the cash around like Chelsea and Man City did. But improving them for the money on offer clearly is (FFP doping is plentiful). As Kenny says, pay the release fees and wages for Dias and others and they would be Wolves players.

Just a thought for next summer...
Could we have a Transfer Thread - you know, where we discuss players who might sign for Wolves
And then have Transfer Thread 2.0 - where we discuss the housing market in Shropshire, whether you need a visa to travel to Belfast and generally insult each other?
As I say, just a thought...

Stop taking the thread off topic.

Just a thought for next summer...
Could we have a Transfer Thread - you know, where we discuss players who might sign for Wolves
And then have Transfer Thread 2.0 - where we discuss the housing market in Shropshire, whether you need a visa to travel to Belfast and generally insult each other?
As I say, just a thought...

In all seriousness Norman you quoting every made up piece on Twitter from people with zero track record or credibility is not far behind the pointlessness

Leicester are a decent example that CL is not everything, also. Season after they won the league their major signings were Ndidi, Mendy, Musa, and Slimani. And they lost Kante. Depending on your perspective I'd say that's a net talent loss.

This is of course working on the assumption they were trying to sign bigger players - they may not have. But most people would have recognised it was unlikely they would be serial title challengers or top 6 contenders at that point - a lot of people are probably looking at us right now and thinking the same thing, albeit at a lower level. If we finish top 8 again and go deep into the Europa it will boost our profile, without question.

We all want dias, kessie, I dont see how crying about it here and insulting people helps.

We all want dias, kessie, I dont see how crying about it here and insulting people helps.

But were Wolves ever actually in for them? Wolves never confirmed an interest so people crying about us not signing them is just weird.

Complaining about non-existent targets

I dont think there are any official sources until theu are signed, who is to say what rumour is accurate. But believing anything random people on social media post is silly

After your behaviour last night, don't you dare talk about insulting people.

After your behaviour last night, don't you dare talk about insulting people.
I called out a specific football player, I never insulted anyone on this board. I do remember receiving personal insults for it though.

If you can't see how insulting said player for his regional accent meaning he is more likely to rob houses could be insulting for members of a board where a significant majority of the posters have a regional accent that often receives a lot of derision then I am a little staggered.

I was talking about ROONEY in general. To my ears, conor coady has a very similiar dialect to rooney (i could be fucking wrong, dont lose your shit if its different accents), coady sounds bright and articulate in every interview ive seen.

I was talking about ROONEY in general. To my ears, conor coady has a very similiar dialect to rooney (i could be fucking wrong, dont lose your shit if its different accents), coady sounds bright and articulate in every interview ive seen.

They are both from the same city. I don't know where in Liverpool Coady was brought up but Rooney was brought up in Croxteth which is just about the roughest part. Thing is, much as we all like to take the piss out of Liverpool fans, as do most fans of other clubs, Liverpool is actually for the most part a fucking brilliant city. Certain areas need to be avoided but that is the same here, in my humble opinion.

Back