• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2019 Transfer Thread

£12m. Marginally better value than the £14m Villa have just spent on a reserve left back...

Wat. Well it's more like ROW 1 0 a handful of TWF

Wat. Well it's more like ROW 1 0 a handful of TWF

To be fair the Belgian Press and Kevvy T gave the ammunition for the handful of TWF to fire at Timmy

4 or 5 players out of contract at Porto today apparently. Brahimi, Herrera etc

Timmy 1 TWF 0

Wolves
‏Verified account @Wolves
Loan ➡️ Permanent
Leander Dendoncker is now officially a Wolves player after being on loan for the 2018/19 season.

KT categorically said "we have bought Dendoncker, he isn't on loan" at a Fans Parliament meeting months ago.

Indeed. "Why did you lie to my face and make me look a twat on the internet?"

Taken from the Wolves site - fans parliament meeting Oct 2018 (exactly as DW told us on here before it went online)

Most of the first half of a two-hour meeting in the International Lounge was devoted to questions for sporting director Kevin Thelwell, some of them via Twitter. On the subject of loan players, Michelle Turner asked why little had been seen so far of Leander Dendoncker, considering he was ‘meant to be a star’. Kevin cleared up any possible confusion by saying he had been bought, not loaned, adding: “He is a Belgian international and a very good player.” Thelwell said that Dendoncker had been bought for the long term and whilst the starting XI had been playing consistently it was difficult for any newer player to break into the team - adding that it was ‘a nice problem to have’.

Dendoncker was both bought and loaned- he was a loanee, but we were obligated to buy him on July 1st. He was our player in everything but the paperwork.

I will guess the fact we had to sign him today even if he was a big pile of shit or injured meant Kev just classed it as a permanent transfer

Taken from the Wolves site - fans parliament meeting Oct 2018 (exactly as DW told us on here before it went online)

Most of the first half of a two-hour meeting in the International Lounge was devoted to questions for sporting director Kevin Thelwell, some of them via Twitter. On the subject of loan players, Michelle Turner asked why little had been seen so far of Leander Dendoncker, considering he was ‘meant to be a star’. Kevin cleared up any possible confusion by saying he had been bought, not loaned, adding: “He is a Belgian international and a very good player.” Thelwell said that Dendoncker had been bought for the long term and whilst the starting XI had been playing consistently it was difficult for any newer player to break into the team - adding that it was ‘a nice problem to have’.

Yes, exactly, i was at that meeting.

Looks like the rule that says you can only increase wages by £7m/year has been scrapped, which is excellent news. Especially for Mendes :icon_lol:

Either way, at the price we (reportedly) got him, it's quite a steal at £12m. When you look at some of the prices being thrown around for others - Monaco apparently want £40m for Tielemans, for example? Different players, obvs, but I don't think you could objectively argue the latter is 3x more the player that Leander is.

Either way, at the price we (reportedly) got him, it's quite a steal at £12m. When you look at some of the prices being thrown around for others - Monaco apparently want £40m for Tielemans, for example? Different players, obvs, but I don't think you could objectively argue the latter is 3x more the player that Leander is.

Definitely a great deal, especially when you see Villa have spunked 14mill on Targett! Makes me feel that we should have got a lot more for Hause.

Makes me feel that we should have got a lot more for Hause.

Doubt we could have pushed for more. Hardly kicked a ball for us in 2 years and didn't play that much at Villa. £3m is about right

Doubt we could have pushed for more. Hardly kicked a ball for us in 2 years and didn't play that much at Villa. £3m is about right

I agree, i'm more highlighting that ridiculous Targett fee, and the clear willingness/desperation of Villa to buy, Targett has only played 43 league games for Soton (18 for Fulham) in his career, he's 24 soon!

Back