• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2019 Transfer Thread

Yeah, we haven't been ripped off for anyone in a while, as far as I can remember. Obviously you could argue we paid too much for Adama - but even given the market rate, his history/number of appearances & potential etc, it was probably about right.

£12m for Donk is criminal really :icon_lol:

£3.5 million for Mason was probably the last time we paid WELL over the odds for a player?

Oniangué was a strange one. £2m for a player with no real position, no role in whatever our plan was, no suitability for the league we were in and wasn't even young.

Nothing on the level of Mason though.

We have of course paid German Phil for two years for doing literally nothing, he's never even made the bench in any competition.

Right then, so we can go and sign Bale now without worrying...

Not so sure this is great for football. Just gives the rich clubs carte-blanche to outspend any other. It would be fine if they limited overall number of players at a club and included youth player numbers in that. Better still they should bring in an overall club wage cap for all clubs across Europe.

Two ways of looking at it really, it's not good if you have a stupid owner, who gets promoted, over spends and gets relegated again, but equally it stops the top 6 being a club that is virtually impossible to break into.

If your club is owned by Billionaires with unlimited wealth then great. If not you're fucked.

The rule change certainly explains why June was so quiet pretty much everywhere

whilst being a tad frustrated not to see a signing announced yet, the other side of my head is kinda smug knowing we don't do our business on the net or in the gutter press and those who do sign will be mega.

Giles has gone out on a season long loan, but don't know where to.

Giles has gone out on a season long loan, but don't know where to.

We should have a thread detailing our players out on loan. That would help you I think.

Hope someone starts one...

We should have a thread detailing our players out on loan. That would help you I think.

Hope someone starts one...
My Tapatalk app must be wigging out as I can't find the loan thread at all.

Back