• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2017 Window Thread

I don't see much reason to be concerned with Graham.

He's shown in the past that he's a talented individual and can make a telling contribution on the pitch, but at the same time I think he's very much 'old Wolves' in the same way that Dicko was, seems to be much more the individual than part of a team. You can stick him out wide and you know if you feed him the ball often enough then he'll have the beating of his man and he'll deliver some quality into the box but is that enough in this new Wolves side built on a more teamwork based ethic where quick interchanges between team mates are the order of the day rather than individual moments of inspiration?

If you want to get the best of him I think he needs to be right out on the touchline where he can isolate his defender, so in the current formation he'd have to be playing wingback to get in those positions but then you're probably buggered defensively when stuff comes the other way. So you look at him more for one of the wider forward roles, is he better than Costa, Jota or even Cavaleiro? I've never seen much of Graham in central areas, nor linking up with team mates, perhaps he could adapt to play a part in that role but at the moment there's at least 4 players ahead of him there if you include Bright with the other 3, then potentially the returning Zyro and Marshall too.

I don't see any point keeping him if he doesn't fit in, at least if it's only a loan then there's still a chance of bringing him back should the situation change.

Birmingham have agreed a £6m deal to sign Jota from Brentford.

The Spaniard is on his way to the Blues for a medical.

Cracking bit of business from Blues. He's a good player.

It begins... Tim Nash -

Reports linking @Wolves with a £10m move for PSV striker Jurgen Locadia are correct. But they face competition from Brighton and Sunderland.

Locadia, 23, who can also play left wing, has scored 53 goals in 160 games in all comps for PSV, with 37 in 114 in the league.

Brighton's interest appears to have pushed the price up however, but Locadia is highly admired by Nuno and he wants to get the deal done.

We've signed a forward!!! ...

For the development squad.

One striker who has signed for @Wolves is Jose Nuno Rodrigues Xavier, from Chaves. The 20-year-old Portuguese is set to join the dev't squad

Not really seen Locadia play so not sure what type of player he is.

The goal record concerns me though, around 1 in 3 in that league isn't great - some pretty average players have banged them in, in Holland.

Not really seen Locadia play so not sure what type of player he is.

The goal record concerns me though, around 1 in 3 in that league isn't great - some pretty average players have banged them in, in Holland.

By the looks on things on Youtube he never used to play as the central striker.

We've missed out on Colback according to Nash.

I figured as much once the rumour switched to McTominay.

Twitter reporting that the McTominay move has collapsed as well. #BooFosunOut

I figured as much once the rumour switched to McTominay.

Apparently, that deal's not happening now (if it ever was).
I'm getting the feeling that we seem to be missing out on all of our targets.
Fingers crossed that Jorge's going to pull something out for us.

Collapsed in the same way that the prospect of me buying a unicycle has collapsed

Colback and McTominay moves are off. A number of players are being looked at for ST and CM. Gonna be a long day.

Nothing in Aboubakar. Looking at PSV's Jurgen Locadia but v pricey and Prem interest. Graham off to Fulham on loan

From Spiers.

Back