• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2017 Window Thread

Ayite - Gayle - Graham

That's about as scary a front three as you could want at this level.

I'm going to throw one more out-of-left-field name in the ring; Ze Luis of Spartak Moscow.

Fits our new mould of striker perfectly.

Wait until you see our front three come midnight tomorrow.

Fingers crossed, Paddy.

FWIW I would already say that Jota - Cav - Costa is at least as scary as the Fulham three mentioned above.

Abouakbar-Ronaldo +1 other? I'll shut up about Ronaldo now,ain't ever gonna happen

I can't think of a player that I have been so thoroughly pissed off moving on sideways or downwards if Graham goes, big mistake in my view.

I know the bookies odds generally don't mean much on transfers (except when they are ridiculous like the 1/20 on Neves signing) but here are the latest odds from SkyBet on players club on September 1st that Wolves have odds for

Ashley Barnes - 6/1 (he's 1/2 to stay at Burnley, 4/1 WBA)
Benik Afobe - 15/2 (he's 1/7 to stay at Bournemouth)
Dwight Gayle - 12/1 (he's 8/11 to join Fulham, 11/10 to stay at Newcastle)
Jack Colback - 1/5 (he's 100/30 to stay at Newcastle)
Jordan Rhodes - 5/2 (he's 4/6 to stay at Sheff Wed)
Loic Remy - 14/1 (he's 4/6 to stay at Chelsea)
Nelson Oliveira - 8/1 (he's 8/13 to stay at Norwich)
Raul Jiminez - 14/1 (he's 4/6 to stay at Benfica)
Vincent Aboubakar - 6/4 (he's 8/13 to stay at Porto, Marseille now 8/1)

So according to the bookies Colback is nailed on, and Aboubakar and Rhodes are quite possible.

I dont know how Sky get away with this, they have odds from their betting firm, that they exclusively use on there news channel. There has got to be a conflict of some kind, they seem to create odds from out of no where, make a 'story' with video clips and comparisons to players that club already have. Then repeat the cycle with a different player. All the while using there own betting firm as a source of where the story has come from.

Vietto doesn't look much like a link man to me. But I'm sure he's a good player

I can't think of a player that I have been so thoroughly pissed off moving on sideways or downwards if Graham goes, big mistake in my view.

Well, we will just have to see. Something that Nuno isn't happy about I guess.

Defensively doesnt work hard enough for that wing back role, and hell he's got no chance of getting in front of Jota, Costa, Cav in one of the front three berths.

I'd like us to have a bit for flexibility and go with proper wingers on occasion, in his limited number of games his assist record is top class. Unlike any of our other moves I genuinely feel we are strengthening a rival here whilst weakening us.

As Quirk says where are you going to play him? He's not a defender and he's not an inside forward. He doesn't fit the system that Nuno wants to play and Nuno isn't going to shoehorn him in there. And nor should he.

Wolves are sweating on a £10m-plus offer for PSV Eindhoven's Jurgen Locadia. - Daily Mirror

As Quirk says where are you going to play him? He's not a defender and he's not an inside forward. He doesn't fit the system that Nuno wants to play and Nuno isn't going to shoehorn him in there. And nor should he.

I'm fairly relaxed about him going, as we long as he remains our players. And I'd far rather he played in a good team & developed as a player who might be some use to us in the future than going to somewhere like Barnsley

Locadia is PSV's main striker so can't see that one coming off. Certainly going to be an interesting day!

I'm hoping for this exact reaction when I read who we've signed tomorrow...

surprised-baby-gif-1.jpg

each to their own. I want to do this

giphy.gif

Back