• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2017 Window Thread

Colback is decent, better than Price for sure, good option for a Saiss rotation

Colback isn't decent at all, he's a liability on the pitch, have a few NUFC mates and they can't wait to see the back of him .. seems he can pass sideways and backwards and tumble folks over with ill timed tackles .. that's about it. No thanks from me.

I'm not too fussed as he will be behind Ruben, Saiss and probably Price but he is very MEH.

I thought Colback was decent but what do I know...

He's probably better than Price so get him in

Just works hard and makes sure he doesn't give the ball away doesn't he? He'd be okay.

We've only got one more loan slot in the squad, too. I'm OK with Colback as backup, but seems a bit of an odd one to use that last slot on.

Hes better than Edwards and could potentially play alongside Ronan so I can see the thinking there. Not an exciting signing but a decent squad player.

We don't seem to sign ginger players - it never looks good with the kit. I reckon that's why Kitson never signed for us.

Who was the last copper top we had here? Glenn Crowe?

We don't seem to sign ginger players - it never looks good with the kit. I reckon that's why Kitson never signed for us.

Who was the last copper top we had here? Glenn Crowe?
Nothing was nothing wrong Willie Carr in Wolves Old Gold.

Not one to get the pulse running, but Colback might be the solid midfielder that really allows our more creative players more licence to attack.

Not totally convinced on Colback. If he's being loaned out because he's down the pecking order at Newcastle in the Premier League, why would he come to us to be down the pecking order in the Championship?

As an addition to bulk up some numbers in the middle of midfield alongside Neves, Saiss, Ronan & Price, I can appreciate that, but I don't get why the player himself would want to come here? He must know he won't be first choice.

Colback isn't decent at all, he's a liability on the pitch, have a few NUFC mates and they can't wait to see the back of him .. seems he can pass sideways and backwards and tumble folks over with ill timed tackles .. that's about it. No thanks from me.

He's always been on a loser at Newcastle because he came to them from Sunderland! Newcastle fans I know still despise him for that.

Not totally convinced on Colback. If he's being loaned out because he's down the pecking order at Newcastle in the Premier League, why would he come to us to be down the pecking order in the Championship?

As an addition to bulk up some numbers in the middle of midfield alongside Neves, Saiss, Ronan & Price, I can appreciate that, but I don't get why the player himself would want to come here? He must know he won't be first choice.

It's not beyond the realms of possibility that he will oust Saiss is it? Plus both CMs aren't going to play 46 games each, we've just got to hope Neves plays as many of those as possible.

There's talk he wouldn't even be registered in their squad

I imagine he'll play November to February when the foreign lads don't fancy it?

Back