• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2017 Window Thread

Tim says nothing imminent but that club are working hard on Colback deal. Jordan Rhodes still an option, Gayle and Hugill less so.

Murphy Tweet - No breakthrough today for @Wolves as they seek a midfielder & striker. Interested in Colback & Hugill but other clubs know what Wolves desperately need now after selling Edwards & Dicko recently so may drive up price. Fee 4 Gayle from N'castle & wages prob too expensive.

Fred - don't start!

Tim says nothing imminent but that club are working hard on Colback deal. Jordan Rhodes still an option, Gayle and Hugill less so.

Again this is where he fails to join the dots and work out what's going on.

It's quite obvious that the deal for a striker is either done or will very soon be done. Otherwise Dicko wouldn't have gone, we'd have told Hull they'd have to wait.

I reckon we want to announce our striker tomorrow evening for dramatic effect

So if Tim says there's nothing jiminent we can expect a signing within the hour, right?!

Murphy Tweet - No breakthrough today for @Wolves as they seek a midfielder & striker. Interested in Colback & Hugill but other clubs know what Wolves desperately need now after selling Edwards & Dicko recently so may drive up price. Fee 4 Gayle from N'castle & wages prob too expensive.

Fred - don't start!

This is even worse than Britney's effort :icon_lol:

1) We don't "desperately need" to replace Edwards, he wasn't even getting on the bench. We might want another CM but that's to leapfrog people who were already ahead of Dave before he left

2) Right, so we sold Dicko, clapped our hands and said "Right! We need a striker then. 48 hours to get one. Best ring round all these clubs" did we? Sounds likely.

I don't understand how an experienced journalist's mind can work like that.

This is even worse than Britney's effort :icon_lol:

1) We don't "desperately need" to replace Edwards, he wasn't even getting on the bench. We might want another CM but that's to leapfrog people who were already ahead of Dave before he left

2) Right, so we sold Dicko, clapped our hands and said "Right! We need a striker then. 48 hours to get one. Best ring round all these clubs" did we? Sounds likely.

I don't understand how an experienced journalist's mind can work like that.

Because you think logically, he thinks about trying to sell newspapers. The more controversial, or the more he can get us to talk about him, is what he he is after. His trade is not to find the truth, but to get people to listen what he has to say.

Seeing more links about Aboubakar...

no thanks on colback..card magnet and passing sideways..not the player he was a few years ago..

would love Aboubakar looks like a beast and in great form at the moment, seems unlikely so I guess that means it will happen.

1) We don't "desperately need" to replace Edwards, he wasn't even getting on the bench

To be fair to Murphy he may have read Tim's eulogy this morning and mistakenly felt we had just sold the lovechild of Lothar Matthaus and Maradona

Aboubakar would be beyond ridiculous for the Championship but there does seem to be something behind this. He surely wouldn't drop down to Wolves though?
God, Porto fans are really going to hate us if this happened.

As much as I want to believe it, Aboubakar is this window's Talisca. If we want Colback on loan, that means we have five loanees and have to buy whoever our striker target is permanently - and we cannot afford Aboubakar, FFP accounting tricks or no, just as we only got Neves permanently because of a dose of luck with Porto having to sell.

I think it's going to be another Bonatini tbh, higher profile but still someone coming from left field, maybe playing in a league like Russia or even China when they shouldn't be.

would love Aboubakar looks like a beast and in great form at the moment, seems unlikely so I guess that means it will happen.

Probably unlikely, but as you say more likely to happen if it is.

We are being accused of trying to buy the league so may as well actually go out and do so

Back