• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2017 Window Thread

Signing a ginger isn't exactly going to help our 'soulless' image ffs.

Colback can also cover the LB role if required. With Douglas out injured and our only other option at the moment being Vinagre, it's another option there if we're desperate.

I suppose it would be a solid enough addition to the squad to give us some depth, even if he's a bit "meh".

We don't seem to sign ginger players - it never looks good with the kit. I reckon that's why Kitson never signed for us.

Who was the last copper top we had here? Glenn Crowe?

he can play away games :)

So I asked for some feedback on Colback from Newcastle fans and if he was disliked due to his Sunderland connection, or whether it's down to him just not being very good, and within 10 minutes got the following replies:

Both, very inconsistent, can't tackle, can't score, all in all a pretty ineffective player for Newcastle, should have excelled

Nothing to do with Sunderland. His first season he looked a steal,
getting forward, running at players, loads of energy, tracking back, creating &
chipping in with a few goals... then he became a lazy, side-passing passenger.
Maybe the move will give him a boot, though

No one really cares about the Sunderland connection. He's just shit.
Gives way free kicks, doesn't know how to pass forwards, is slow...

Not very good. Slow, can't pass a ball forward, loses the ball often,
always giving away freekicks in dangerous areas. Shocking footballer.

He'll do a job in the Championship but he can only pass sideways or backwards - no vision. Yellow card waiting to happen.

Good squad player at Champ level, can definitely play a bit-part in a promotion bid

He actually had a few good games when he first arrived, but inconsistent and prone to giving away stupid free kicks in dangerous areas

He's a battler, just lacks any real quality. I think he's fine for a Championship club, but can't cut it in the Prem

I wouldn't say "shit", just very on & off. I'm thinking it might help to go elsewhere and his hair will clash with your kit

Stephen Hawking is a better footballer
- I assume the last one is the Newcastle version of Deutsch :icon_lol:

The last player we signed from Newcastle arrived with their fans delighted he had left....yet for 5 games he appeared to be a great signing (then Newcastle recalled him and snapped him in half)

The transfer window doesn't feel the same without Jez Moxey telling us the club are working non stop (on excuses why we failed to sign someone...)

My view is the same as the Ruddy transfer, if the player of a couple of seasons ago turns up it's a good move, he was awful last year though. An upgrade on Edwards squad wise, but not a starter

We don't seem to sign ginger players - it never looks good with the kit. I reckon that's why Kitson never signed for us.

Who was the last copper top we had here? Glenn Crowe?
McGhee's FA Cup masterplan Slater would be my guess.

Signing Colback would feel a little bit like just putting a new obstacle in front of the likes of Herc, MGW, and Ronan.

I don't think we need him but then I'm not watching us train every day.

Strikes me as the sort of player we need for Cardiff/Ipswich games. Ginger snotter at wing-half: what more does a team need?

Would not be averse to it if the right ginger snotter turned up!

Still want a proper linking centre forward or two and a decent right wing back.

The last player we signed from Newcastle arrived with their fans delighted he had left....yet for 5 games he appeared to be a great signing (then Newcastle recalled him and snapped him in half)

Who was that?

Players dont forget how to pass forwards or forget to stop making runs. If he was doing that in his first season and then stopped doing it, surely that sounds like instructional/tactical?

Back