• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2017 Window Thread

Probably unlikely, but as you say more likely to happen if it is.

We are being accused of trying to buy the league so may as well actually go out and do so
They want 20 million so if it happens what a statement of intent. Seems madness on the surface but all of pre season seems to have been that way.

Exciting stuff!!

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Oh yeah, and what's happening with Prince Oniangue? Only bit of deadwood left by my reckoning.

As much as I want to believe it, Aboubakar is this window's Talisca. If we want Colback on loan, that means we have five loanees and have to buy whoever our striker target is permanently - and we cannot afford Aboubakar, FFP accounting tricks or no, just as we only got Neves permanently because of a dose of luck with Porto having to sell.

I think it's going to be another Bonatini tbh, higher profile but still someone coming from left field, maybe playing in a league like Russia or even China when they shouldn't be.

There are big bids in for Aboubakar, very big, and if we are one of them, we would be looking to shatter the Divisional transfer record, and enter the realms of top 6 EPL sides

There are big bids in for Aboubakar, very big, and if we are one of them, we would be looking to shatter the Divisional transfer record, and enter the realms of top 6 EPL sides

God I hope I eat my words.

I think there is a strong possibility that the rest of the division might not like us very much tomorrow if that deal comes off.

And the nationals will write more like that ghastly Daily Heil piece.

This is even worse than Britney's effort :icon_lol:

1) We don't "desperately need" to replace Edwards, he wasn't even getting on the bench. We might want another CM but that's to leapfrog people who were already ahead of Dave before he left

2) Right, so we sold Dicko, clapped our hands and said "Right! We need a striker then. 48 hours to get one. Best ring round all these clubs" did we? Sounds likely.

I don't understand how an experienced journalist's mind can work like that.

It's laziness. They're on deadlines in a very fast information rich field where they're trying to make sense of what's bouncing about, but that's still no excuse for a professional peddling poorly thought out scenarios as fact.

That's what I thought, a collage of other peoples thoughts

I think there is a strong possibility that the rest of the division might not like us very much tomorrow if that deal comes off.

And the nationals will write more like that ghastly Daily Heil piece.

As a lot of them don't like us much already there's nothing lost then

Even Norwich fans might dislike us EVEN MORE...

Imagine that...

And they will still be an irrelevance to us.

As much as I want to believe it, Aboubakar is this window's Talisca. If we want Colback on loan, that means we have five loanees and have to buy whoever our striker target is permanently - and we cannot afford Aboubakar, FFP accounting tricks or no, just as we only got Neves permanently because of a dose of luck with Porto having to sell.

I think it's going to be another Bonatini tbh, higher profile but still someone coming from left field, maybe playing in a league like Russia or even China when they shouldn't be.
The loan restriction is players in the matchday squad. Fitness permitting there are few league games Vinagre will be in that

I assume the Aboubakar deal would be fairly easy to do if Porto only own 30% of his contract.

Ruddy Jr available for loan according to Nixon, I hope he gets it, Harry won't make it here, so I'd rather he stayed in the 23's.

To be fair to Murphy he may have read Tim's eulogy this morning and mistakenly felt we had just sold the lovechild of Lothar Matthaus and Maradona
Lol. Brilliant.

Tim Nash says we've missed out on Colback as we couldn't reach an agreement.

Back