• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2017 Window Thread

I think he'll end up like Jacobs. A cut above in League One and you wonder why on earth he isn't playing at a higher level, not up to scratch in the Championship.

This is how think it will go. He has ability but just couldn't do it at this level yet. His finishing was particularly disappointing as that looked a strength at Pompey.

What's crazy about that is he could strike from all manners of distances with both feet, yet couldn't hit a barn door here.

Jacobs will always annoy me. I know he didn't cut it in this division with Wigan either but he went from ending the season as the focal point to our attacking force (that included Sako and Dicko) to third choice right winger in the CHampionship. As we now realise, Kenny didn't have the balls in this league really to commit to the playing style we wanted to go with and Jacobs suffered for that. every game I saw him in league one he was brilliant. Brentford away is one of the best individual (and team performance all round tbf) from an individual. He was everything I had always wanted from a number ten at Wolves!

That said, I think NWW (?) found out he had disciplinary issues, like turning up to training late often etc.

Wtf, prob a load of crap

22bf54e9562c306d6756c9ce665674c3.png

Is that the same person who had Dicko to Bristol City yesterday?

FL92 fires out a million deals a day and once in a blue moon one of them turns out to be true

Ikeme is hardly out of favour, unfortunately.

and that will be that for Jon at Wolves.

He's 23 in September, if he were going to make it here then it would have happened by now.

Ruddy will be the one to make it here IMO.
He has what it takes and hopefully Nuno and the GK coach will help him like they did Oblak and Ederson(?)

A lot of people seem to think Deslandes has been released?

A lot of people seem to think that Dicko has been sold to a team in Spain and that Ikeme is on the verge of a move to Portsmouth...

There's one random French tweet saying he hasn't been offered a contract and his existing deal runs out in four days. It's not true though, we released Upton, Delacoe, O'Hanlon and Reid last month. Everyone else in the U23s was either already under contract or had an option taken up on their deal, that includes Deslandes (who will never make it here, but that's by the by).

Deslandes got his deal months before the end of the season as well.

OK thanks, I thought I was going mad there for a second - was pretty sure we'd offered an extension a while back, yeah.

Absolutely darlo.

BTW, thought gladon had already gone? Albeit on loan?

Back