• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2017 Window Thread

Look keep we are signing Douglas, is he good? I fucking hope so. I don't want to say 'anything is better than Doherty there' and we sign someone worse
It's barely even possible, there are better full backs than him in League Two.

Didn't Mick find Doc in some friendly, was it an Irish team?

Was some lower league team though I think

It's barely even possible, there are better full backs than him in League Two.

He was decent when he played for Arabs, I was at Uni in Dundee when he was there so I saw quite a lot of him at Tannadice. A long time ago though. He was supposed to be moving to Celtic but then randomly just went off to play in Poland.

You said it yourself though, we need 2 left backs now Silvio has gone. The other club Douglas is linked to is Celtic and he wont be getting game time there either as they wont be selling Tierney. Douglas would be a decent back up at least.

EDIT: Ah, misread. Should've known you were talking about Doherty. :icon_lol:

We can't have Doc anywhere near a regular starting spot so a bang average left footed LB will be a massive upgrade for me.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Vs Bohemians at Dalymount in July 2010. Van Dammes debut. Think It was Fletchers too.
I think you watched it there and got some nice pics with wolves players too, or maybe was another pre season?? :)

I think you watched it there and got some nice pics with wolves players too, or maybe was another pre season?? :)

I did watch it indeed, but the photos you are referring to are from a friendly vs Bray Wanderers in 2012. Stale was in charge for his first game and Fletch, Jarvis and Kightly all told us that they were happy and weren't going anywhere.

How naive we were...

Actually now I think about it Fred, i did get some pics with Sako and Van la Parra when we played Bohemians in 2014. Quirk and his sister came over for that too. Maybe that's what you are thinking of.

I did watch it indeed, but the photos you are referring to are from a friendly vs Bray Wanderers in 2012. Stale was in charge for his first game and Fletch, Jarvis and Kightly all told us that they were happy and weren't going anywhere.

How naive we were...
Aye my bad

My mate was in in the jacuzzi at Nuffield and Zyro, Graham and Willo came and sat in it but he said absolutely nothing to them the melt.

Saw Williamson in the gym bit a few times but he never actually did anything...
They probably appreciated his restraint, honestly.

I met a star Am. Football player at my local gym once and he jokingly responded to my request for a selfie by saying "all these white people and their pictures". He was obviously just ribbing me but I got the feeling he missed being able to stay incognito.

We can't have Doc anywhere near a regular starting spot so a bang average left footed LB will be a massive upgrade for me.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Some goon on Twitter reckons he has a wand of a left foot and has worked on his defensive game over the last year. Fingers crossed

Some goon on Twitter reckons he has a wand of a left foot and has worked on his defensive game over the last year. Fingers crossed
Seems he was Konyaspor's main free kick taker last season.

I'm feeling more positive this season than last season. The players were signing would seem to be better than what we have and the ones going out the door are the ones who aren't quite good enough. Best of all there are still more deals to do.

Where's the gif of Harry redknapp?

I must admit that Miranda arriving is for a big step forward. We are looking to bring in more Helder Costas, and a fuckload fewer Jed Wallaces

Problem is ironing out the Ola John type cack

c40dd393ad5eafbd80df18f31989092c.png

Ooooh, a left back....

Back