• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2017 Window Thread

Where has that list come from Punts?

Apparently there is a genuine list in Nuno's/KTs office. My source got a glance of it today. There are more names than that on it though just didn't see them all

Apparently there is a genuine list in Nuno's/KTs office. My source got a glance of it today. There are more names than that on it though just didn't see them all

You couldn't see Doherty's name, it was obscured by Silvio chucking darts at it before he emptied his locker.

Where's Kourtney Hause and his 3mp camera when you need it?

I can't help wondering if the list has two columns under the headings STAY and LEAVE. Or perhaps it's just the full squad list with red felt tip pen through some names.

Or the list was "guaranteed starters for the Boro game

I can't help wondering if the list has two columns under the headings STAY and LEAVE. Or perhaps it's just the full squad list with red felt tip pen through some names.

Steady on, those pens don't last that long. Unless we got a bumper pack in just for that purpose:

Kuretake-UK-Ltd.-Zig-Kuretake-Posterman-Red-Fine-(1mm)-Nib-Tip-Liquid-Chalk-Marker-Pens-Waterproof-Blackboard-Whiteboard-Outdoor-Glass-Metal-Plastic-Wood-Paper-(Pack-Of-5)-152449681.jpg

This quote from the Jeff interview is interesting:
“But for some positions we have to wait for pre-season and the training camp and see how it is with the current squad and whether anyone comes forward to take up a position."

The only position I can have sympathy for here is keeper. We have a new coach in this area and with 5/6 professionals he may want to look at what he has particularly with the younger ones, before bringing anyone else in.

The likes of Deslandes and Wilson are not going to be first choice in their positions next year irrespective of how they look in training and even if Dicko looks electric I'd still be signing someone else as last year's evidence would suggest you should hope rather than expect him to come back to the player he once was.

Just mildly concerned that if the likes of Doherty, Coady and Edwards have good pre seasons we could be in for more of the same old

There will inevitably be a sizeable chunk of last year's side in our matchday 18. Nuno has to identify the best he has which fit into his playing style and replace the weakest.
We won't start the new season with 11 New players.

Other interpretation of that quote is that Nuno might be planning to play a new system. Maybe we're looking at positions we haven't tried for a couple of seasons - wing back, or striker who scores goals...

Good at home to Sheff Wed on the final day of 2015/16 too (though he went off at HT). But otherwise didn't show anything to suggest he was up to this level. You had it right when you said that Ken described him as three entirely different players over the course of a year, I'm not sure we ever scouted him properly. Just saw a young player who'd scored a load of goals at a lower level and took a bit of a punt on it.

Pace. In abundance. He's living the dream. Non academy, Non league player picked up and elevated to Championship level. I don't think he'll ever set the world alight at this level, but who knows. I suspect he would be on fire in League 1

Pace. In abundance. He's living the dream. Non academy, Non league player picked up and elevated to Championship level. I don't think he'll ever set the world alight at this level, but who knows. I suspect he would be on fire in League 1

Jed Wallace? You must've been watching a lot of slow players if you think he's got pace.

Yeah, he wasn't a pacy player. I'm gutted about Jed as I really rated him at Pompey and had wanted us to sign him for some time. I still think he can have a good career, but he needs to play somewhere consistently and that is not going to happen with us

Yeah, he wasn't a pacy player. I'm gutted about Jed as I really rated him at Pompey and had wanted us to sign him for some time. I still think he can have a good career, but he needs to play somewhere consistently and that is not going to happen with us

Sad thing is with better coaches I think we could've had a real player there.

I think he'll end up like Jacobs. A cut above in League One and you wonder why on earth he isn't playing at a higher level, not up to scratch in the Championship.

Back