• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2017 Window Thread

Don't think we need to worry about Costa too much, he's controlled by Mendes. It's probably clear to him the plan.

1) you're staying for next season to get Wolves promoted unless a) they are relegated b) someone offers £25m

2) if wolves fail to get promoted you will be sold to a PL or abroad if a) there is any interest and b) they meet the release clause (im sure there will be some release clause to let him leave for less than £25m)

Yes please Jorge.

Bruma - Ivan - Helder :wank:

Yes please Jorge.

Bruma - Ivan - Helder :$#@!:
More than one Prem team that would be jealous of that.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Pace merchant.

Although passing not his strong point.

I think Helder will stay. If we don't get promoted next season (or if we're miles away again next January) then he'll go.

I don't think we'll let him leave in the summer and I'm not sure he'll push for it either.

Sadly all about the £££££s. If (big if) Chelsea or Arsenal are interested we need to be planning for his replacement.
I know it wouldn't be popular in some quarters but if we get £20million + then it's an excellent profit for a Championship club and we should be able to build a promotion winning team on that money. We can surely find an effective right winger for far less than Costa, even if not quite as good.
Of course, Fosun financial plans and FFP permitting, we could keep him, spend another £20 million + and loan a couple of excellent (for our level) players. Just don't let Thelwell choose them.
Can I choose please??

Well according to the footballing recruitment master that is Kevin thelwell,if we get 20 million for him,we won't get a replacement for 20 mill,or 2 for 10 mill,we'll get 10 unproven 1 million pound players who may be average to good or rubbish,but he can only advise management,player recruitment is nothing to do with him really(even though it is) he said so in the fans parliament the other night,check the minutes

I dont think we will get £25 million for Costa.. We will get maybe £15 even though he is worth double

We paid nearly £15m for him. £20m minimum

I dont think we will get £25 million for Costa.. We will get maybe £15 even though he is worth double

If we sell for that, taking into account all the agents fees, signing on fees and no doubt a significant pay rise, we may as well not have bothered with signing him at all and just let him walk at season's end.

Costa will be sold for a figure that enables us to circumnavigate the financial rules.

I also think it is why we have secured so many players on long term contracts - it doesn't matter whether we think they are any good, they have a value that can be used to offset incoming transfers. We know that Costa's fee is spread out over the years of his contract but player sales may not be so we would get the full amount of any sale in the year it is made.

Sell Bath, Edwards, Saville and a few others and it negates Costa's transfer fee for that year freeing up more transfer kitty.

This strategy was pretty much what Dalrymple said at the fans parliament without actually naming players

Who's Dalrymple?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

If someone manages to sell that shit they'll deserve the keys to the city.

Despite the opinion of this and other forums, Edwards is a well respected player, if we put him up for sale, top Champ clubs would be lining up to sign him IMO, think the other 2 would attract interest also

Despite the opinion of this and other forums, Edwards is a well respected player, if we put him up for sale, top Champ clubs would be lining up to sign him IMO, think the other 2 would attract interest also

I can't see it as nobody has ever been on for him. Not even Mick.

Edwards is too old to command a decent fee. Saville we spent £1m on and I wouldn't expect anyone at this level to buy him. Teams at the bottom end of this league and in League 1 don't spend that kind of money. Batth a hoof it style CB with no pace, ten a penny and not a particularly good one at that.

I'll have to beg to differ on that one.

I think if we transfer listed Edwards a few might have a sniff his goals might give the impression he is better than he is. We all know it's workmate and goals nothing else, whilst not good enough for where we want to be next year's Wigan, Rotherham etc... Might offer a bag of boiled sweets perhaps.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

I think that clubs that are aiming for the playoffs would fancy Edwards, given 10 goals and high volume of tackles this season would easily see some reasonable clubs interested in him.

Back