• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2017 Window Thread

I would sign Weimann, keep Dicko get rid of Bod and sign a quality striker and use Ennis/Wilson when necessary

Much as I love Bod he has proved he doesn't score goals and won't be good enough. I presume this means the clap will go with him.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Much as I love Bod he has proved he doesn't score goals and won't be good enough. I presume this means the clap will go with him.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

He's not a central forward though. He's much better out wide but hasn't had a sniff due to the good form of Costa and Marshall (much to my surprise). Bod excelled for Iceland and would be a handful coming off the bench. I think Dicko may well just need a change of scenery but I'm hoping a change of coaching will work just as well.

Think Dicko and Jon dadi will benefit from a full pre season with us. A key target for us is a forward (Gallagher) so there will be plenty of competition

As mentioned I'm hoping Ennis gets a run of games. Maybe even before the end of this season

Barring a short break when Lambert first came in, hasn't Bod basically done 2 years of football with no proper break?

Ennis will play after 2 or 3 more U23 games. He was set to be in the 1st team squad then he bost his leg

I wouldn't bother signing Weimann, I think he is a pretty average Championship player and we have stocked up on enough of those. If we want to challenge next season we need to aim higher imo.

I wouldn't bother signing Weimann, I think he is a pretty average Championship player and we have stocked up on enough of those. If we want to challenge next season we need to aim higher imo.

I would, prove to be better than what we'd have otherwise

I would, prove to be better than what we'd have otherwise

I don't agree, if we are playing him as a striker he has scored 7 in 52 league games (Derby and Wolves appearances combined) - we will be in the market for strikers in the summer regardless, hopefully ones with a better record than that.

If we are talking about playing him wide, we already have Cavaleiro, Costa and Graham who are better players than him there. I don't actively dislike Weimann, I can see what he brings but if we want promotion I don't think its the type of signing we really need to be making. We have enough average Championship players who can fill the role of squad filler already on our books.

At the moment I wouldn't sign Weimann because he seems a bit one dimensional and doesn't engage his brain enough. Its a close call so his performances till the end of the season determine his fate.

We've got a massive April coming up, the results of which will decide what kind of Summer Transfer window we have.

The results of the last few games may have saved our bacon, but 8 games in 4 weeks may finally decide whether players like Weimann are required or not. He would definitely be good enough for League 1 but maybe not if we stay in the Championship.

I think Weimann is class personally. Would be happy if we went into next season with Costa, Ivan, Marshall and Weimann as our starting front 4.

Yeah, when played up top he looks a proper goalscorer - all 3 he has scored he has shown strength, good pace and a real eye for goal.

I don't agree, if we are playing him as a striker he has scored 7 in 52 league games (Derby and Wolves appearances combined) - we will be in the market for strikers in the summer regardless, hopefully ones with a better record than that.

If we are talking about playing him wide, we already have Cavaleiro, Costa and Graham who are better players than him there. I don't actively dislike Weimann, I can see what he brings but if we want promotion I don't think its the type of signing we really need to be making. We have enough average Championship players who can fill the role of squad filler already on our books.

I don't think he's a wide player, he's better centrally. Has a better strike rather than our other strikers and offers something different. I don't think he's the saviour but we'll be stronger with him

Andi Weimann has played a grand total of 3 games as the central forward for Wolves and scored 2 goals...Not too bad a strike rate
He has played 10 times in the wide areas and scored once. He's a central forward for me

I think it's two in two starts. He didn't play there against Brentford until Dicko went off which was pretty late on.

Weimann has done more as the front man than Dicko or Bod have - leave him there for the remaining games.

Whether he is the man to fire us into the Premier next season is another issue, but need to make sure that we are still at this level for next season first.

If you look around at the other strikers in this division I'm not sure there are more than a handful I'd take over Weimann.

Keep him.

I'd hope we bring in a really good striker from mendes book instead - weimann's alright but he's not going to score 20 goals a season.

I'd hope we bring in a really good striker from mendes book instead - weimann's alright but he's not going to score 20 goals a season.

Not a natural scorer but a good player, lower PL for me

Back