• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2017 Window Thread

I would have taken Chris Martin, Wood, McCormack, Rhodes, Tammy Abraham, Cummings from Hibs. Any of those or 2 of those would be good for next season.
Yes agreed 2 of those would improve us greatly.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Cummings is $#@!.

52 goals in 107 games all be it in Scottish football. Better record than Bod, Mason, Dicko. Worth a punt I thought at the right price?

McCormack off the boil badly but may do better for a scot like Lambert. A bit of hand holding.

Would take Martin any day if only to stop him scoring against us. So if Martin and Cummings were added to Bod Dicko Weimann Cav and Costa that's serious attacking intent and back up.

I'd keep Weimann if we're going to play him upfront. The bloke is not a wide player.

Out of the ones mentioned I'd only be interested in Abraham and I haven't seen enough of him to know if he'd work in our system.

My main target would be Assombalonga

Think he's been ok since the knee he did a couple of years ago hasn't he? Still young and proven at this level

Out of the ones mentioned I'd only be interested in Abraham and I haven't seen enough of him to know if he'd work in our system.

My main target would be Assombalonga

These are the two I'd fancy with a cheeky offer to see if we could get Defoe in the summer

No way Defoe would drop a division after a 15 goal plus PL season

No way Defoe would drop a division after a 15 goal plus PL season

Hence the use of the word cheeky! He's at the bottom club in the prem and is likely to get relegated, he's gonna be 35 next season...stranger things have happened!

They have but I imagine he would get most of the bottom half of the PL putting in an offer for him

Or he can potentially get some silverwear to finish off his career. When Irwin joined us he was still good enough for the Prem as was Ince. We need to show we mean business at the end of the season and I am sure Fosun won't mess around

Irwin was done when we signed him.

As much chance of Defoe being here as there is Michael Carrick or John Terry.

Defoe now has his eye on the World Cup after his recall. He will be in the Premier League next season, no chance Defoe will chase money whilst he thinks he has a chance of a final World Cup shot.

Passed his peak of course but done no chance. Even when we went up he certainly wasn't one of the weaker links.

Agreed it's unlikely we would get someone like Defoe but no harm in trying.

Yaya Toure out of contract at the end of the season too [emoji12]

Bang average in this league and a constant weak point in the PL for me. Great character to have around and no doubt his mere presence helped us out in 02/03, but I don't think he had five good games for us. Being better than Marc Edworthy and a 72 year old Oleg Luzhny isn't much of an achievement ;)

If his name was Steve Brown and we'd signed him from Bury, his on field impact would be assessed as comparable to Tommy Rowe. Same as Ince coasted by in his last two and a half years by dint of being Paul Ince rather than anything he was actually contributing.

Mmm, interesting, I thought Irwin was excellent for us, obviously no where near his best but for upper Champ/lower Prem thought he was class.......opinions, opinions

Back