• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2017 Window Thread

Looks as though Joe hart might be available,he's come out and said he doesn't see himself playing for Man city again,he'd be worth a punt surely,and a decent upgrade? On ikeme

He would be, but seriously he's going to look at us & think yeah that's a good move?

Still don't know what people see in Evans, had one good season in Div 1 and about 4 decent games in the Championship, the rest of the time I'd rather have Edwards

Still don't know what people see in Evans, had one good season in Div 1 and about 4 decent games in the Championship, the rest of the time I'd rather have Edwards

Whilst he's not one I would rely on to fire us into an automatic promotion place - he is a better option than Saville/Coady or Edwards. Stays in the squad by default as a result

Looks as though Joe hart might be available,he's come out and said he doesn't see himself playing for Man city again,he'd be worth a punt surely,and a decent upgrade? On ikeme

Maybe stick a cheeky bid in for Daniel Sturridge and John Terry while we're at it?

Don't be daft,a striker who can score goals,and a defender who can defend,have no place at the molineux sadly

More I suspect to do with the £200K a week wages and not wanting to drop a division I suspect...

What happened to Silvio? I knew he had a broken foot then he seemed to go on holiday with lord lucan

He's just nowhere near as good as Matt Doherty or Conor Coady.

Required
International standard goalkeeper
left back
Centre ha!f
Creative midfield
Number 10
Striker goalscorer.

Bin about 15 of the current squad.

The trouble is we have asked that for 3 years

There is no way they will sell Doc, sorry, as I know he's not universally loved here. Of what we would somewhat ironically call our 1st team squad I personally would only be desperate to keep Costa, Cav, Ronan, Graham, Saiss & Hause. Realistically we need to lose the likes of Evans, Coady, all the loanees, EEL, Wallace etc.
Incoming a goalie (I've heard rumours of Ruddy from Norwich if Lambert survives), a striker who actually strikes (and Lambert likes a physical forward such as Holt, Benteke & Graham which suggests Hugill of ONE may well be a target), 2 actual fullbacks (remember them?), a central midfielder and a leader ideally centre half. In fact make it 2 strikers as we can't rely on 1 staying fit all season.
So a big bin and a pretty large collection point as well.

Best person we could bring in would be Paul Mitchell as DoF. New coaches and forward thinking manager are a must, everything else would be a deckchairs moving exercise until we do this.

Key is staying up. Fuck knows what will happen if we go down but I am excited at what Fosun may do if we survive as this season has been such an utter clusterfuck they will now realise a major overhaul is required starting with Thelwell

Rumours around Chelsea and Arsenal for Costa, he'll be off then

I'd go for Paul Izzo at Central Coast Mariners as keeper.

The story in the sun says £20m rated. He has a £25m release clause.

25 million to Premier League clubs is not a great deal these days for players of Costa's pedigree and potential. It would be a surprise if there wasn't keen interest from a number of clubs.

Back