• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2017 Window Thread

Lorient still look sure to go down to Ligue 2 so I'm still keeping alive the slim hopes that we go after Benjamin Moukandjo.

sebastien haller at Utrecht and the polish lad on loan at anderlecht from Kiev

Spiers saying £1.5m deal to sign Weimann in place if we want to in the summer.

Spiers saying £1.5m deal to sign Weimann in place if we want to in the summer.

Bargain.

Only reason I can see not to take that up would be if we have somebody much better lined up through Mendes.

If we want to challenge next season he's a squad player at best.

He'd be a very good squad player at this level. IMO, he could still do a job in the lower regions of the Premier League.

Much more the kind of squad player that we need, compared to others we've bought recently, too. Like, Mason's not a bad player, but he doesn't suit our style of play at all.

I'd make it permanent as long as he's not the Costa replacement or our new centre forward signing. I'd be happy to have him on the bench every game.

Mmm, interesting, I thought Irwin was excellent for us, obviously no where near his best but for upper Champ/lower Prem thought he was class.......opinions, opinions
Irwin was definitely weak. Particularly so away at Goodison and the Valley.

Absolute no-brainer at £1.5m - but with one condition. A proper squad number: no more of this 633 bollocks

Weimann a yes for me better than what we have at a reasonable price and age.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

I'd have said no a few weeks back (he was horrendous v Blues, not that he was the worst performer that day!), but he's doing his chances the world of good after a decent few performances and is looking like he can actually score goals. More of that and it's a yes from me.

On Weimann there is no need to do anything until the end of the season & see where he & we are then.

If he keeps up his recent form them would be happy to sign him at that price (better value than Coady at £2m & Mason at £3m) - though would hopefully not see him as a guaranteed starter next season as that would mean that we had not signed any better players

I'd be happy to sign Weimann period. Decent player.

Far far more worried that certain others are currently cementing their place for next season.

I'd have said no a few weeks back (he was horrendous v Blues, not that he was the worst performer that day!), but he's doing his chances the world of good after a decent few performances and is looking like he can actually score goals. More of that and it's a yes from me.

I'm in this camp. As long as he is complemented with an other striker I think that gives us a very strong attacking line-up to go into the new season with;

Weimann, Costa, Cav, Graham, Zyro, Marshall, Bod and Ennis/ Wilson from the youth. Bod has to be played wide in the front 4 to be effective for me and I've seen enough of Dicko this season to sadly say his injuries have done him no favours and he needs to go back down a division to rediscover his mojo.

It's the rest of the squad I'm concerned with.

I'd rather keep Dicko than Bod.

Mmm, interesting, I thought Irwin was excellent for us, obviously no where near his best but for upper Champ/lower Prem thought he was class.......opinions, opinions

He was great in Championship but his legs had gone by second half of PL season. When we played Villa Vassell made him look like he was standing still.

I would keep both...

If we want Top 6 we should get rid of both of them. Strikers who don't score are no good to us andiveseen nothing to suggest either will score regularly for us.

Back