• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2017 Window Thread

I'd hope we bring in a really good striker from mendes book instead - weimann's alright but he's not going to score 20 goals a season.

You often find signing a high class striker covers up a poor coaches other deficiencies. It has in the past for Wolves and can do so again.

You often find signing a high class striker covers up a poor coaches other deficiencies. It has in the past for Wolves and can do so again.

Having someone who can score goals hides a multitude of sins. Bully is a brilliant example lol

There's a rumour about us being in for Bruma who is a mendes client. Costa out in the summer for 20 mil with Bruma coming in?

There's a rumour about us being in for Bruma who is a mendes client. Costa out in the summer for 20 mil with Bruma coming in?

If Costa goes then it will be for a min of £25m which I think is his release fee - ain't going for less than that

If Costa goes then it will be for a min of £25m which I think is his release fee - ain't going for less than that

If he puts in a request we'll likely accept lower than 25m.

Much as it annoys me that players can go around contracts in this way, if he doesn't want to be here next season it won't help us to keep him.

As for Bruma, would Gala be willing to sell? He's had a good season there IIRC. And the Championship is a step down from the top clubs in Turkey.

I don't think it will be for less.

That isn't how Mendes currency works.
Only between his own clubs, but he's not going to any of them. He'll go the PL, we'll make a tidy profit, the fee won't be £20m+ though.

If he puts in a request we'll likely accept lower than 25m.

Much as it annoys me that players can go around contracts in this way, if he doesn't want to be here next season it won't help us to keep him.

As for Bruma, would Gala be willing to sell? He's had a good season there IIRC. And the Championship is a step down from the top clubs in Turkey.

To be fair to Costa, if he wants to go to a bigger club i don't think anyone can begrudge him that. He's way better than wolves

He is likely to go as he's so much better than we are - but still think that we will get at least £25m for him

Can't see him at a top 4 club, despite the supposed rumours, but could see him at a level just below that

Bolasie went for 30 to put things in perspective. Palace want stupid money for Zaha. He untested compared to them but I'd say he's at least on a par.

How much would Derby want for Ince? Helder is way better than him.

Bolasie went for 30 to put things in perspective. Palace want stupid money for Zaha. He untested compared to them but I'd say he's at least on a par.
Financially you can't compare Costa to either of them. He may be better than both, but he doesn't have a PL appearance to his name. What's the highest fee paid by a PL team for a Championship player?

Good shout, I just can't see anyone paying practically double for Costa. I think he'll go and we'll make a few million, just not that much.

Financially you can't compare Costa to either of them. He may be better than both, but he doesn't have a PL appearance to his name. What's the highest fee paid by a PL team for a Championship player?

I think he'll definitely go for around £20m but I think we'll get another quality replacement from Mendes.

If the release clause is £25m then someone can pay us that - if they don't then he's still our player

If he doesn't like that scenario then he may not be as much use in the early part of the season till he realises that his move hasn't happened & he will need to play to have a chance of moving on in the next season (or he does well enough to fire us to automatic promotion anyway)

Back