• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2017 Window Thread

Value in the current market and given current contract situation of those players some want out IMHO:
Ikeme 500k
Doherty 500k
Edwards 750k
Batth £1m
EEL 300k
Wallace 250k
Saville 250k (if we take the option)
Coady 750k
Evans 300k

We supposedly knocked back £5m a couple of years ago from Sunderland, I think Batth and Edwards have a higher reputation outside of the Wolves fan base than within it.

We supposedly knocked back £5m a couple of years ago from Sunderland, I think Batth and Edwards have a higher reputation outside of the Wolves fan base than within it.
That Sunderland link seemed fishy at the time and at that price I can't imagine there was any truth to it.

Eddo I think we could get good money for. A midfielder getting 10 goals has to command some sort of fee, regardless of what we know about his actual​ performance otherwise.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Edwards will certainly get interest with his goals, workrate and being a welsh international.. The other once, not sure..

Edwards is 31 and his deficiencies are quite obvious. I don't think there'd be much interest in him, a moot point as he wouldn't want to leave and we won't sell him. I'm resigned to it now, he'll be here until he has one last valedictory year at Shrewsbury. Which is tolerable so long as we don't just blindly pick him every week when he isn't doing anything.

Costa will be sold for a figure that enables us to circumnavigate the financial rules.

I also think it is why we have secured so many players on long term contracts - it doesn't matter whether we think they are any good, they have a value that can be used to offset incoming transfers. We know that Costa's fee is spread out over the years of his contract but player sales may not be so we would get the full amount of any sale in the year it is made.

Sell Bath, Edwards, Saville and a few others and it negates Costa's transfer fee for that year freeing up more transfer kitty.

This strategy was pretty much what Dalrymple said at the fans parliament without actually naming players

I also think this is the plan, i think we'll have a fair few players who won't play in our first team that'll we'll sell on.

The problem is the Mail got rid of a lot of its journalists in cutbacks around 18 months or so ago, so now rely on crap like this to fill space

Well this bit starts off well

"Adrian would face stiff competition from Wolves current goalkeeper Carl Ikeme who, although a Wolves favourite for many years, has turned in a number of lacklustre performances in the current season –"

and then ends with this " finding himself displaced by Wolves 18-year-old goalkeeper, Burgoyne, for a number of games"

Frigging hard for Ikeme to hold off that challenge when injured and suspended really.

Haha, it just makes me wonder how these people are in a position to be informing the general Wolves fan base!

It would just be a little refreshing to see some suggestion of players in lower leagues or abroad, rather than has-beens or players that played for Arsenal or Man United when they were younger but (personally) aren't even at our level.

During our (albeit short) recent good spell, the line-up hasn't changed very much has it?

Google journalism at it's worst.

Adrian is also not a commanding box keeper even if he is an upgrade on current incumbents.

At the risk of sounding like a moaning whinging molmix wannabe, the only bad thing about our current good form is that it MAY mask the deep seated deficiencies that are still in the squad.
Keeper
Left Back
Centre Half
Centre Midfield
Centre Forward

Thats if we keep Costa Weimann and Cav!

The squad needs those to have half a chance of challenging.

At the risk of sounding like a moaning whinging molmix wannabe, the only bad thing about our current good form is that it MAY mask the deep seated deficiencies that are still in the squad.
Keeper
Left Back
Centre Half
Centre Midfield
Centre Forward

Think that we have a guaranteed buyout for Weimann which Derby can't stop - Cav is unlikely to be going anywhere else (good, but hasn't done enough to get any other teams juices going) - Costa, who knows might be here, might not

Keeper
Left Back
Centre Half
Centre Midfield
Centre Forward

Sitting in 16th place in the table doesn't in any way mask any deficiencies riddled throughout the squad.

We've some good and plenty of bad - that's why our form is so inconsistent and Lambert will be well aware of this.

Sitting in 16th place in the table doesn't in any way mask any deficiencies riddled throughout the squad.

We've some good and plenty of bad - that's why our form is so inconsistent and Lambert will be well aware of this.

Good, lets hope.

Think that we have a guaranteed buyout for Weimann which Derby can't stop

As long as he wants to come of course. Rowett had intimated he'll try and convince him to stay.

I think if we match his money he'll come, but don't know what our wage structure is now. He'd be on a lot more than any signed in the Morgan era, but I assume the likes of Costa and Cav will have broken that.

I'd be happy to sign him, but personally don't think he's a long term starting option anywhere on the pitch, but a good option to bring on or start when we have injuries to a first choice front 4. If he's on the bench for the first game next season then we've had a good summer.

Back