• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2017 Window Thread

The guy who tweeted it doesn't convince me mind, looks like a crappy account. Would be a decent signing if true, wages were an issue for Norwich but imagine we will be prepared to offer what he wants.

What a ridiculous excuse for an article.

Doherty & Marshall are rated as two of our top five most valuable players? Good grief.

£2-3m on the face it isn't that daft...if you are not a Wolves fan and also not in Doosch's I Hate Doherty club.

1st choice for 2 seasons. POTS. Scores a decent amount of goals for a full back. Gets 5 or so assists.

If we were being linked to a left back that matched the above we would think £2m or so was a fair price. (Ignore actual defending, no one cares about that anymore)

If Greg Halford can move around for fees of £2m or Seyi for £3m we should be actively talking him up until Leeds or Sheff Wed fall for it.

The article is a load of crap but tbh I can actually see someone paying 1-2m for Gloves (maybe not 3m...) And also there's no guarantee anyone wants Dicko, at all

In the current market I can see Doherty going for as much as 6m. Remember that some people (even some Wolves supporters who watch every week) think he's one of the best in the Championship at leftback.

:icon_lol:

We'd be robbing anyone at 10% of that. If he goes then he won't cost much. I don't care what we get for him, 20p and I'd be happy.

I didn't say he's actually worth that much.

In the current market I can see Doherty going for as much as 6m. Remember that some people (even some Wolves supporters who watch every week) think he's one of the best in the Championship at leftback.
Presume you are talking Rupees?

I'm pretty sure if you whacked Jordan Graham at LB he would get more goals and assists than Doc might even defend better. Point is Doc just doesn't have the attributes to make a decent full back his positional sense and tracking back are very poor. For every goal he creates he costs us 2 I would also accept 20p as a realistic transfer fee.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Yet 3 managers at Wolves in 2 years have approved of him. What do managers see that fans don't?

Managers are mostly idiots tbf.

Ken only put him there by default when we sold Golbourne and failed to sign Boilesen, then Lambo was obviously planning to replace him as he called him out as 'not a left back' (I could have told him that on the day he arrived)

Managers have always made baffling decisions I think in some cases they get too close to the players. Colin Lee obsessed over Niel Emblem ... Mick dropped Jarvis for Ward at one point and really loved him Henry to an extent too ... Everyone's obsession with Edwards it's just really odd.

We didn't really have anyone else that could play LB so Doc gets in by default. Hopefully it will be a problem of the past soon.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Some guy on Twitter has just randomly said Phil Ofosu is "close" and to "expect an announcement tomorrow".

Back