• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2017 Window Thread

I think shite is harsh. I don't think he's brilliant but he does bring some value when he is playing well. we will get a true idea when he comes back for pre season I guess. Like many of our squad I wouldn't shed any tears if he leaves.

I just think he needs a break. He looked fucked for several months. Same as Dier last night - clearly a decent player but just looked like he needed a break.

For what it's worth, his touch is dreadful, but he's useful off the bench to cause havoc and to relieve some pressure. Would certainly be looking to upgrade our forward department with 2 x decent forwards.

Two decent forwards + Nouha & Bod would be fine.

Bod upto and including the Brentford game at Molineux was awesome. A beast of a player and nightmare for defenders.

After that game he really struggled with fitness and then you could see him struggling with his head regarding his severe lack of goals.

His lack of goals seems to be a theme though

Kaiserslautern - 2 in 15 apps
Wolves - 3 in 36 apps
Iceland - 2 in 32 apps

No matter what else he contributes you can't really afford to carry that lack of goal output, especially if you're only playing one out and out striker.

Bod upto and including the Brentford game at Molineux was awesome. A beast of a player and nightmare for defenders.

After that game he really struggled with fitness and then you could see him struggling with his head regarding his severe lack of goals.

That is fair, started off very good like many players like Doumbia and others then faded away...sorry, got carried away..you have a point there but has he ever been a scorer in his career?

Bod can point to tiredness to an extent, that doesn't excuse the ball randomly bouncing off him for six months. He isn't a target man, he can't hold the ball up, he isn't a goalscorer and he can't create so I'm not sure what he's meant to be.

He did start well but it's a very distant memory now. Never going to be the answer. I'd accept pretty much any bid for him, that goes for Mason as well (except he didn't have a good start).

Dicko only gets a generous pass at the moment because I've seen him be superb at this level previously, for a whole season. He's basically got the next six months to prove he can get that form back or he's in the same boat as well.

I reckon we'll end up using Zyro more as a striker next season, at least early on.

Bod can point to tiredness to an extent, that doesn't excuse the ball randomly bouncing off him for six months. He isn't a target man, he can't hold the ball up, he isn't a goalscorer and he can't create so I'm not sure what he's meant to be.

He did start well but it's a very distant memory now. Never going to be the answer. I'd accept pretty much any bid for him, that goes for Mason as well (except he didn't have a good start).

Dicko only gets a generous pass at the moment because I've seen him be superb at this level previously, for a whole season. He's basically got the next six months to prove he can get that form back or he's in the same boat as well.

I reckon we'll end up using Zyro more as a striker next season, at least early on.

yeah I hope Dicko can get back at the same level..Zyro and Graham contributed like hell also before injuries..we have had some bad luck with great players getting injured in the last two seasons..Im feeling quite optimistic I must say though with all what Fosun are doing/intend to do..Just hoping for a prem spot next season, dont mind if from the Playoffs or top 2 that is directly qualified..

Being linked on Twitter (by a guy with 41k followers) to Florin Andone, from Deportivo. He also said "Will be expensive but a lot of interest".

12 goals in 37 appearances for Deportivo. 24 year old Romanian international.

Played in Euro 2016 I think. But Romania looked about as threatening as Louie Spence in that tournament so hard to judge.

As I signed him for Koln on football manager once I consider myself an expert on Florin Andone. We should definitely try and sign him. :icon_lol:

Isn't this an Agent Dave link though?

Cordoba were shit and were almost relegated by Christmas. However he looked decent at Deportivo. He has potential. He isn't out of this world but held his own in la liga.

Thank you, good enough for us then for sure...

I'd be delighted with Andone.

If this is from agent Dave it will not happen. My mom is as much ITK as him (or perhaps her) and she's been dead over 10 years.

I'd take Andone, not sure there are any legs in the rumour though.

Deportivo are part of the Mendes web aren't they?

Back