• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2017 Window Thread

Joe Ledley available on a free. Not really my cup of tea but I could see us going for him.

I wonder how he'd take being ahead of Edwards internationally but behind him domestically?

Joe Ledley available on a free. Not really my cup of tea but I could see us going for him.

I'd rather watch Ledley and Huddlestone in midfield than roadrunner Edwards and Evans. Throw in Gibbs-White and Ronan and that's a decent 4.

Bin off shite like Edwards, Saville, Price and Evans and that's a good window.

not really, slower than a boat(dont mean speedboat) nowadays, good passing range, nothing else

You do know Edwards can't play football? It's an unfair comparison really as Edwards is Lg1 standard whereas Huddlestone is clearly still a good player.

we should aim much higher than that to compete IMO

You do know Edwards can't play football? It's an unfair comparison really as Edwards is Lg1 standard whereas Huddlestone is clearly still a good player.

dont agree johnny, sorry

I'd rather watch Ledley and Huddlestone in midfield than roadrunner Edwards and Evans. Throw in Gibbs-White and Ronan and that's a decent 4.

Bin off shite like Edwards, Saville, Price and Evans and that's a good window.

Yeah, of course he's better than what we have. It's not the be all and end all though, lots of players fit into that bracket.

I've never really been a big fan, he was slow 10 years ago when Mick was trying to buy him off Cardiff. Doesn't really have an impact higher up the park these days, I've never seen him as especially effective defensively, definitely can't play wide now, he just sort of keeps things ticking over and gets booked every now and then. Which makes him a left footed superior version of Jack Price, although his beard is not as good.

If you look at Johansen/Cairney at Fulham, that's what I want in midfield next season. High class footballers who have a tangible end product.

aye we should aim for something like that...or even better if we can

Wouldn't disagree with that DW. I just can't bend my head around the idea that Fred would prefer Edwards to actual footballers and he isn't alone amongst fans.

It's not even graft over craft. Edwards is a genuinely terrible footballer.

Wouldn't disagree with that DW. I just can't bend my head around the idea that Fred would prefer Edwards to actual footballers and he isn't alone amongst fans.

It's not even graft over craft. Edwards is a genuinely terrible footballer.
Im telling you huddlestone isn't bringing much more to the team.. Not enough improvement..

I get what you're saying Fred but sometimes it's the little improvements that push you to the next level. Bring in players who improve the starting XI, go up and then we will be in a position to attract the next level players.
(I also get the "we have Fosuns money behind us so should try to get those players now")

i really think this summer hinges on the next move from Fosun. Keep Lambert and you can expect any transfers to have a british flavour, dump him and go for a Mendes manager and you will get a somewhat different summer. Which would be best? I dont think that Lambert is a flair manager. I cant see the current squad cutting a challenge next year. His recruitment options may be hampered by Thelwell. A new manager is toothless without a wholesale change in the coaches. That type of wholesale change will take time to bed in. If Fosun make that change then mid table is still likely to be the outcome. Watford took a year to get it right after the wholesale changes but then went up with three managers in a season and about 10 loanees. Leeds are a similar work in progress lol!

I just want some decent home football for a change. Its been turgid for a while now and it really has to improve. 10 home wins really is a minimum ask a season. The fact we cant mange that is damning to all concerned. The fact that really poor teams take points off Wolves and always seem to, also irks me tremendously. I am sure it happens to other teams but we are fucking experts at losing to real shit- doubled by wigan unable to beat Burton, lose at home to Blues in freefall, unable to beat Bolton in their relegation year,lose at home to QPR after winning at their place,fortunate to get a point at Rotherham 2017, the worst championship side this century. The list goes on and on. Of course there are highs too but this feast or famine approach just ends up turning you bi polar. I am either utterley dispondent or amazed after a wolves match!

So I hope this whole sorry shitfest is sorted out soon and whoever manages can start to address some real issues with the squad, the coaches and the style of football and brings 40 home points next season. That would be success for me given the last 2 years home form. On that alone we are lucky to still be in the division.

I have been very impressed with the young Scot at Swansea Jay Fulton who had limited opportunities last season under Clement. He could be available for a bargain price and would be a step towards creating a passing midfield.

we all have our opinions, I know I have been saying get rid of the coaching and scouting staff as well as the manager and get as many new players in as possible...I also know it aint that easy though and will take time, but just a bit tired of these average players and staff...and if Fosun means business, make it happen! Im not god, or am I? TRY SOMETHING ELSE AND BUY BETTER FOOTBALLERS!!!! especially a new goalie, at least one new cb, new cm's and maybe a proven striker...may take a while though

I have been very impressed with the young Scot at Swansea Jay Fulton who had limited opportunities last season under Clement. He could be available for a bargain price and would be a step towards creating a passing midfield.

I'd agree with that and McBurnie is also a good forward who has gotten the odd chance under Clement. Both would improve our first XI.

I'd agree with that and McBurnie is also a good forward who has gotten the odd chance under Clement. Both would improve our first XI.

Yeah, there's three or four at Swansea worth taking, not going to get a look in as Clement looks to upgrade this summer.

I like Stephen Kingsley, not played much since they signed Olsson.

Back