• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2017 Window Thread

I will never get the gnashing off teeth about jack price. He is what he is, a bog standard low end championship midfielder with a nice beard and a Black Country background. Brentford are welcome to pay us for him.

I used to be one of the biggest gnashers but this season has been a bit of an epiphany. I think all it really boils down to is Prices abilities are magnified when put next to the shower of shit we've had in central midfield over the last four years. The fans notice when suddenly we can pass to feet and move the ball quickly or are actually communicating. They notice it even more when it's absent. The problem is once you ask Price to do more than general housekeeping and short neat passes his limitations become more and more exposed.

I'm fond of him but I won't be disappointed to see him go.

I don't think that Evans is better than Price, they're about the same IMO - but Evans is a couple years younger so should have more room to improve. I've been a signed-up member of the Price fan club since he broke into the team, but at 24 these are likely his peak years, and unfortunately he just isn't looking any better than he did a couple of years ago. Easy choice to let go and free up space for a ready-made improvement.

Evans flatters to deceive. He's had a good little run in the team this season and for me, hasn't shown enough to warrant a guaranteed spot in the starting 11 next season.
Agreed. Evans puts himself about and probably has a better range of passing but they're very similar overall.

His habit this season of making a stupidly ridiculous needless challenge that gets him a yellow card has been fucking annoying.

I like Price, but I've never understood why others rate him so highly and slate Evans so often. I don't think there's much difference between them at the moment but out of the 2 of them, I'd rather keep Evans as I think he's got more to his game and the potential to improve. I don't see that much more coming from Price.

I won't be too disappointed if Price leaves but would wish him well.

Definitely time for Price to move on. Hasn't kicked on and made a starting place his own.

Not sure how he'd fit at Brentford though, you couldn't play him and Woods together.

I like Price, but I've never understood why others rate him so highly and slate Evans so often. I don't think there's much difference between them at the moment but out of the 2 of them, I'd rather keep Evans as I think he's got more to his game and the potential to improve. I don't see that much more coming from Price.

I won't be too disappointed if Price leaves but would wish him well.

Haven't really seen anyone "slating" Evans. Lots of people saying he hasn't made the most of his opportunity this season, which is a more than fair assessment.

I like Price but he's just never quite made that position his own, and there's a reason for that.

Haven't really seen anyone "slating" Evans. Lots of people saying he hasn't made the most of his opportunity this season, which is a more than fair assessment.

I like Price but he's just never quite made that position his own, and there's a reason for that.

Never really happens on here but Evans does get a slating on MolMix/twitter etc.

Haven't really seen anyone "slating" Evans.

A lot of my friends give him way too much stick. Also, on Twitter and Facebook - he gets pelters. He was excellent before he was injured when we first came back up to this league (when paired with McDonald he was the superior of the 2) and I thought he was looking good at the start of this season as well before yet again, injury struck. Sure, he put in a few lacklustre performances after Christmas but who didn't?

Never really happens on here but Evans does get a slating on MolMix/twitter etc.

That's because Wolves Forum has a far superior collection of posters...

;)

Just paying his taxi to the airport will do. If Tim II is to be believed (lolz) this one falls at the feet of Walter.

I'm a bit cynical about Heracles being interested. If they were, why didn't they ask for him back in January...they were literally the only club in the world he could have moved to (and played) and we'd already given up on him by then.

Someone will take him I guess, I doubt we'll get much/anything back.

Britney *might* be right, he's spoken to Dubai Walt personally, I haven't, but I'd question why a manager who has predominantly spent the last few years managing in cack desert leagues would be insistent on signing a relatively obscure striker from the Dutch leagues.

Someone he knew suggested him apparently so Walt being Walt didnt want to upset him I guess...

I can't see us not just simply signing Ruddy. Unless he has had an offer in the Premier League.

Steele would not be an upgrade on Ikeme they are on a par as average Championship keepers. Ruddy at his best would be a clear upgrade, although he's not been at that level for a couple of seasons.

Don't like Steele, reminds me of Peter Enckelman.

Who was the keeper that played for Blackburn at Molineux?

Back