• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2017 Window Thread

I'd definitely have Walters here, big character and would have a big impact. Won't come though.

I've hoped on and off that we could get Crouch for a year but he's featured quite a lot for Stoke since Christmas so that's off the agenda too.

Frazier Campbell would be a decent target if he weren't made of sticklebricks. I wonder if Newcastle will look to shift Dwight Gayle on for a quick profit, he's done the job for them and if they're ruthless they'd look to upgrade.

A Newcastle STH friend says Gayle will be available and would be perfect for us. Also expects Hanley to leave to play for Lambert again

Also expects Hanley to leave to play for Lambert again

scurrd.gif

I can't stand him.

Is Hanley the one who looks like he hasn't evolved fully?

Is there a list or reference anywhere of everyone who's contracted for next season?

I'd imagine Brighton would be interested in Ulloa. Straight Murray replacement.

And played for them before, right? Would make sense.

I wouldn't want him anyway. Would be too tempting for Batth to lump the ball at.

And played for them before, right? Would make sense.

I wouldn't want him anyway. Would be too tempting for Batth to lump the ball at.

You can't think along those lines. If there is any sanity in the world Batth won't be there to do the lumping.

You can't think along those lines. If there is any sanity in the world Batth won't be there to do the lumping.

Hanley can whack the ball a fair length, hammer thrower of a footballer that he is.

I can't stress this enough, I really hope we don't sign him. I'd actually rather just stick with Danny.

I'd imagine Brighton would be interested in Ulloa. Straight Murray replacement.

Not sure why they would downgrade from Murray to Ulloa - and just because someone has played for a club before, doesn't automatically mean they'll have first dibs on them again!

I've just Google imaged Grant Hanley: not sure i'd be too chuffed if my daughter brought him home...

'RUDDY HAS MANY YEARS AHEAD'

Norwich caretaker boss Alan Irvine expects goalkeeper John Ruddy to bounce back after making his final appearance for the Canaries.

The one-cap England international, who was told his contract would not be renewed last week, kept a clean sheet as Norwich rounded off a disappointing season by hammering QPR 4-0 at Carrow Road on Sunday.

"I don't see this as the end of John's career by a long way - at his age he has plenty of good years ahead of him," Irvine said of Ruddy.

"I should imagine he will have plenty of options and there will be plenty of calls coming in. John is a top-quality keeper and he fully deserved the great send-off he got from the supporters.

"He has been a great servant to the club - there have been highs and lows but you always get that when you have been with one club for a long time."

Go get him Wolves....now!

A few people on Twitter this morning suggesting that Jack Price is being sold to Brentford. Let's hope it's a part-ex...

I will never get the gnashing off teeth about jack price. He is what he is, a bog standard low end championship midfielder with a nice beard and a Black Country background. Brentford are welcome to pay us for him.

He tends to keep position of the ball, genuinely rare in the wolves team the last two seasons.

Not an amazing player, but does look good with a good passing player next to him.

I like jack price, I think he's our second best central midfielder and it's a crime that edwards has played so many games ahead of him. Having said that, I've no real issues if we upgrade on him. He'll go on to have a good championship career.

Evans is way better than price.

Evans flatters to deceive. He's had a good little run in the team this season and for me, hasn't shown enough to warrant a guaranteed spot in the starting 11 next season.

Evans is way better than price.
I'd say his potential is greater than Price's. I'm not sure you could say he's done any better on the pitch to date though. I'd not be bothered if neither were here next season

Price is out of contract, so unless we triggered the one year option to get a nominal amount he'll be leaving on a free.

Back