• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2017 Window Thread

Not a high bar is it. And we aren't signing him permanently so bye Joao.

I don't miss him.
Seemed like he would be such a key player for us, too. Things change quickly.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

think he would have been great in a nr.10 role, Im with Bear on this..

I've said it before and I'll say it again, I'd rather we kept Tex here and gave him a run in the team, then waste another season playing Dave Edwards in the number 10 role week in week out when we already know he's not fit for purpose.

The lad clearly had talent and it's a sad state of affairs that we'd rather send him packing and play someone who runs around a lot instead.

Not using Tex as a stick to beat Lambert with, but I believe we'd have been no worse off keeping him here and playing him.

Dont worry Jinks you'll get beaten down with a few sticks in a moment..#mockoutrage

Saw Tex in a couple of the early games & he did have something - not sure what it was at that point, but a decent run of games might have brought it out (might not, though we would have at least known whether he had anything to offer).

Never got that.

I only saw Tex in one live game (Brentford) and a couple of highlights packages, and I don't understand why people think he wasn't suited to the Champ, he ripped Brentford to bits going forward and linked up well with Costa and Cav, and imo did enough of his defensive duties...put himself about.....I really don't know what some people expect

I only saw Tex in one live game (Brentford) and a couple of highlights packages, and I don't understand why people think he wasn't suited to the Champ, he ripped Brentford to bits going forward and linked up well with Costa and Cav, and imo did enough of his defensive duties...put himself about.....I really don't know what some people expect

Aye...A miles better player at #10 than the headless chicken

When do players contracts actually expire? Is it tomorrow?

He was good enough but there was clearly something not quite right and we'll never know what that was. He might not have settled into life off the pitch in England as well as Cav and Costa have but he also seemed like the type of lad who needed an arm round him and i'm not sure he got that. The final straw was obviously the Derby game when he was played in central midfield and got bullied by Bradley Johnson and while he wasn't as bad as some said he was being taken off after 30 minutes killed him.

I watched the Reading game and he was brilliant. It's a shame what's happened to him.

Speaking of Cav, is he injured? Any reason he didn't play today?

Just been looking through the relegated sides and, assuming we're even considering trying to poach someone on the cheap, Sam Morsy from Wigan is the only name that stands out. Has looked good on the few occasions I've seen him (Wigan weirdly get on TV here somewhat often since winning the FA Cup).

We signed anyone yet???

After promising us the Champions League in the second season too :-/

I really don't want us looking at the squads of teams relegated to league 1. They went down for a reason.

I really don't want us looking at the squads of teams relegated to league 1. They went down for a reason.

Particularly Rotherham. Paper talk linked us to their CM, Vaulks

If we sign anybody from the worst team to ever play at this level I'll not be impressed. Rotherham as a club weren't a bombscare like Blackpool or Stockport when they were relegated with record low points, just to a man, chronically not good enough.

Back