• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2017 Window Thread

I've got some sympathy for Frank here. Paddy has been patronising as FUCK with all this roof bullshit in the last week or so. I accept we've tried to sign a striker, but we haven't. Trying means fuck all, and I'd have rather had dicko than nobody, even if it costs us a million or two.

Don't get the line of thinking that Dicko rather than nobody. Nuno obviously doesn't see him fitting with what he wants or he wouldn't have let him go until someone was in. If Nuno doesn't fancy him, let him go regardless. If Leo gets injured Cav can go through the middle, so could Jota, give Wilson a run.

I've got some sympathy for Frank here. Paddy has been patronising as FUCK with all this roof bullshit in the last week or so. I accept we've tried to sign a striker, but we haven't. Trying means fuck all, and I'd have rather had dicko than nobody, even if it costs us a million or two.

Kind of sums up where I am with this too. Frank is a wum though, not entirely sure why he chooses to deny it when it's so blatant at times.

It's a shame if the window ends like this to be honest. Leaves a bit of a sour taste in the mouth. Still hopeful they pull something out of the bag but it's starting to look a little unlikely now. Our only hope might be to go back to PSV with more money perhaps......

I kinda agree with this. I don't necessarily agree with Frank's opinion but I can certainly understand where he's coming from. Bod and Mason definitely aren't good enough for this system, neither is Dicko but he does at least offer something, way more than someone like Hugill or Barnes (I know they're only rumoured). So, for us not to have a replacement lined up, which has been said that we would be ridiculously stupid if we hadn't, Frank is quite right in his apprehension. A fire-sale though? Absolutely not! Possibly made an error should we not sign a new striker? Absolutely.

Don't get the line of thinking that Dicko rather than nobody. Nuno obviously doesn't see him fitting with what he wants or he wouldn't have let him go until someone was in. If Nuno doesn't fancy him, let him go regardless. If Leo gets injured Cav can go through the middle, so could Jota, give Wilson a run.

Agreed. Dicko vs Boro exemplified why we cannot use him in this setup, and the setup won't change (even if we make subtle changes to the system, the requirements for the striker are not going to change). His introduction nearly cost us the game, we were so comfortable while Leo was on the pitch and suddenly we weren't when Nouha came on. Their best chance came from him controlling a ball five yards.

Not a slight on Nouha at all as I absolutely loved him when he was at his best but we have moved on in all manner of ways and it was not going to work for him here. You can keep him on the bench because of his name all you like but I'd never really want to bring him on.

There is an Indian restaurant by me that does cook we y classes.
I have been to 5 now. We really need to be lazy to have a takeaway or eat in as my food is better than a lot of restaurants, only because its fresher.

Some of the indian food is not Indian chicken Tikka Masala is a scottish dish.

I do a mean Beef Madras.

Southern Indian food is largely vegitarian, Norrhern Indian is meat based.
Yes freshly cooked curry is amazing, very challenging but hugely rewarding when you get it right. Finding a good mixed masala powder helps for the base last one I used was Bolsts which came out nice.

Making me hungry all this curry talk!

If you like South Indian or Keralian food there are some restaurants that offer a Dosa very nice indeed.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

since the end of last season, we've brought some incredible players to the club with the obvious intention of getting promotion. to sell your 2nd striker without a replacement smacks of Moxey & Morgan times. Lets bear in mind that if we miss out this season, our squad will be so much poorer in quality next season, and the chance may be gone for some time to come.
Lets just hope we don't suffer with long term injuries (and suspensions).

I will add that we are short in a few areas and I don't expect promotion this season anyhow. We are a work in progress and this isn't so bad. My only concern is what happens should we not go up this season regarding our top-class players. To expect promotion in Nuno's first season is asking a lot, it's not impossible but it is a huge task.

Zeli signed for Walsall with the following comment

"When I was at Wolves I used to look at Walsall and think 'I’d love to be there"

Kind of sums up where I am with this too. Frank is a wum though, not entirely sure why he chooses to deny it when it's so blatant at times.

It's a shame if the window ends like this to be honest. Leaves a bit of a sour taste in the mouth. Still hopeful they pull something out of the bag but it's starting to look a little unlikely now. Our only hope might be to go back to PSV with more money perhaps......

So I am a WUM. Interesting as I one of the few who questioned us selling strikers for fun while neglecting to actually bring in a replacement or two. I was repeatedly reminded that forwards would be brought in to replace those who have left. I think you will find it is not me who was being a WUM. I actually told it as it was.

I will add that we are short in a few areas and I don't expect promotion this season anyhow. We are a work in progress and this isn't so bad. My only concern is what happens should we not go up this season regarding our top-class players. To expect promotion in Nuno's first season is asking a lot, it's not impossible but it is a huge task.

I expect us to be top six and then you go from there, anything can happen if you fall short of the top two.

If you were expecting us to walk the league (and some people were, for whatever reason) then yes, this would be a major disappointment as we aren't really set up for that.

Not necessarily

Some personnel might change but we get a BUCKET LOAD for those and Uncle Jorge gives us the next generation. To say it is shit or bust is not understanding how Fosun and Mendes want this to work

And to say it smacks of Moxey and Morgan is disingenuous at best, and downright disrespectful at worst

Great window, got rid of a lot of deadwood..amazing signings..didnt like Dicko and Graham going..dont mind Winnall at all as a scorer..but does he suit the system(or can we actually change system/gameplay during a game)...indian curries is my fav food btw..lets hope we get a striker in but as i said earlier somthing can go wrong in the medical etc so not so smart selling for £3.5m before buying(do we still have berra)??

So I am a WUM. Interesting as I one of the few who questioned us selling strikers for fun while neglecting to actually bring in a replacement or two. I was repeatedly reminded that forwards would be brought in to replace those who have left. I think you will find it is not me who was being a WUM. I actually told it as it was.

At least you dropped the words fire sale...

But which of those strikers do you actually want to be here? I don't care if his name is Joe Mason and he has played 100+ games at this level, he is bloody hopeless. I'd rather have Wilson on the bench, I've seen more from him in a couple of reserve games than I've ever seen from Mason.

Back