• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2017 Window Thread

It could possibly be you who needs to visit the opticians. Poster after poster lined up on here calling me silly names a while back when I questioned Wolves selling so many forwards. It was made clear to me that at least one replacement was being lined up. I do not blame Fosun for this, they have invested heavily in some top quality players, but whoever is in charge of recruitment has been negligent at best.
Why the arsey tone? I am trying to actual debate this with you.
Everyone presumed at least 1 more attacking player would come in and it's clear we are trying/tried to sign it. Infact if it were not for PSV walking away they would be here and Wilson on loan to Vale.
End of it all though is we are still in a good position squad wise. With how we play under Nuno we have options to cover all 3 positions and enough to protect us from injuries (unless Shrewsbury pop along to a training session).
I would still back us to be in the promotion picture come January.

As stated earlier in this thread, not one player would have left without Nuno approving it. So rather than a recruitment issue, the manager has called the shots regardless of incoming deals.

Ah but you see this is a tad revisionist isn't it. No one was saying this 24 hours ago were they?

No-one on here likes Gladon (unless they really like pictures of food on Instagram) and Mason got absolute pelters for his "performances" in pre-season so I think his stock was rather low.

£6.5m for Dicko and Bod is silly money given what they offered us.

What we do in terms of incoming business is a different story but none of those players are remotely good enough or suited to the way we play.

Also, "Indian" food, like "Chinese", is usually a kind of mish-mash of different regional signature dishes, adjusted for western palettes - and those regional cuisines all predate partition, so "Indian" places can be run by Bangaldeshis, Pakistanis, Sri Lankans... there's a superb curry house near where I grew up that's owned and run by a Nepalese family, for example.

It's possible to find traditional, authentic, regional Indian cuisine - eg, northern regions tend to have heavier, cream-based sauces, while southern ones are zestier, and tomato-based - but it's all just the best.

Loving the curry chat lads that's more like it. Curry in the UK is quite unique as Paddy says quite a lot are run by Bangladesh folk but most now subscribe to a BIR base which is effectively a massive pot of boiled onions, carrots and leek with some spices boiled into oblivion.

If you are lucky enough to eat home cooked Indian food it's totally different and on the bone quite often I highly recommend it.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

I've got some sympathy for Frank here. Paddy has been patronising as FUCK with all this roof bullshit in the last week or so. I accept we've tried to sign a striker, but we haven't. Trying means fuck all, and I'd have rather had dicko than nobody, even if it costs us a million or two.

Honestly I could probably count the number of Indian restaurants here on one finger. Closest I could get to Indian curry is the stuff we get in jars imported from the UK.

I'm open to suggestions.

Gimme your address and i'll post some to you along with some tandoori chicken legs! :D

And the last hour or so of the transfer window has descended in to a conversation about Indian food.

Fair to say this isn't what anyone expected today. High hopes all around for a couple more players but it looks like a last minute panic buy or nothing.

Whilst I don't disagree it's been an excellent overall window, it's clear we were after a striker - and barring a huge last minute surprise, we've failed to bring one in. No matter how good the windows been, we're still a couple of players short of being a genuine top 2 challenger IMO.

And the last hour or so of the transfer window has descended in to a conversation about Indian food.

Fair to say this isn't what anyone expected today. High hopes all around for a couple more players but it looks like a last minute panic buy or nothing.

Whilst I don't disagree it's been an excellent overall window, it's clear we were after a striker - and barring a huge last minute surprise, we've failed to bring one in. No matter how good the windows been, we're still a couple of players short of being a genuine top 2 challenger IMO.

I think this is how most football fans ever feels about their team! I think we can win the league with this squad.

I've got some sympathy for Frank here. Paddy has been patronising as FUCK with all this roof bullshit in the last week or so. I accept we've tried to sign a striker, but we haven't. Trying means fuck all, and I'd have rather had dicko than nobody, even if it costs us a million or two.

I kind of agree (all apart from the sympathy for Frank, I feel like his bullish tone has got people's backs up and you reap what you sow). There have been a lot of posts saying we WILL get someone in and now some of those people are backpedalling quite rapidly...

No matter how good the windows been, we're still a couple of players short of being a genuine top 2 challenger IMO.

This isn't news to me, people were getting far too giddy after Boro etc. We're good but we're a long way from being an all encompassing force.

Nor should we be expected to be at that level. We were SHIT last season and even worse the year before that. You don't fix that completely in three months.

Loving the curry chat lads that's more like it. Curry in the UK is quite unique as Paddy says quite a lot are run by Bangladesh folk but most now subscribe to a BIR base which is effectively a massive pot of boiled onions, carrots and leek with some spices boiled into oblivion.

If you are lucky enough to eat home cooked Indian food it's totally different and on the bone quite often I highly recommend it.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

There is an Indian restaurant by me that does cook we y classes.
I have been to 5 now. We really need to be lazy to have a takeaway or eat in as my food is better than a lot of restaurants, only because its fresher.

Some of the indian food is not Indian chicken Tikka Masala is a scottish dish.

I do a mean Beef Madras.

Southern Indian food is largely vegitarian, Norrhern Indian is meat based.

I think this is how most football fans ever feels about their team! I think we can win the league with this squad.

Maybe, but we're fresh off the back of a defeat v Cardiff and draw v Brentford.

We had the time (and money) to improve our squad even more and have seemingly failed to do so.

Totally agree

Don't know why anyone's getting het up there's still just over a hour to go :)

Taking it to the wire

Back