• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2017 Window Thread

a) I don't see what 'delaying for maximum impact' achieves. What impact do you want and why?
Diego Costa modelling our limited edition 4th kit (Limited to 500, until they sell out then they will order another 2,000)

a) I don't see what 'delaying for maximum impact' achieves. What impact do you want and why? We saw with the Neves signing that Fosun work differently to "normal owners" and a few of their announcements have been made to be in line with the time in China or just for "effect" as with Neves
b) In this day and age I think you'd be doing well if you can keep things quiet without a leak anyway. The last person who leaked something at Wolves was demoted from a job he'd done for years and reprimanded. Perhaps people on the inside like working for Wolves and don't want to upset the owners

I'm sure there's nothing done yet and they'll announce it when it is. I still think there will be a couple in though obviously.

Edit: Also, Tim Speirs "inside man" Dangerous Dave has gone so he's lost all of his info

I may just be a pant wetter but I'm starting to think we won't sign anyone today - or if we do it'll be someone a bit uninspiring and panicky. I just feel like we would have heard something by now - Neves for example we knew about a few days before even if the announcement was delayed.

Wouldn't be the end of the world, we still have a much better team than last year but we might be found a bit lacking without that super striker to finish it all off.

Obviously would like a top striker coming in today, but not too concerned. Rather than a panic buy, we have enough players in the squad who can chip in with 10-12 goals each this season. Then if we need that extra push in January, the window is open.

Tim Spiers‏ -
PSV striker Jurgen Locadia emerging as Wolves' number one target this afternoon. Won't come cheap (reported £10m) but they're working on it.

Obviously would like a top striker coming in today, but not too concerned. Rather than a panic buy, we have enough players in the squad who can chip in with 10-12 goals each this season. Then if we need that extra push in January, the window is open.

Then we're one injury away from having no senior strikers. Fook that!

Then we're one injury away from having no senior strikers. Fook that!

Not really. The way we play under Nuno means Cav and Zyro can slot into the spot in the middle of the 3. Jota can play there as well and Costa would probably slot in ok as well. We are not really set up for a typical striker at the mo.

Not really. The way we play under Nuno means Cav and Zyro can slot into the spot in the middle of the 3. Jota can play there as well and Costa would probably slot in ok as well. We are not really set up for a typical striker at the mo.

This is why I'm not down with Gayle (I don't think we're in for him anyway). I just don't think he'd fit, undoubtedly excellent player at this level that he is.

Birmingham attempting to sign Jack Wilshere on loan.

there must be a shortage of brown paper bags around shops in B'ham !!!

Kevin Kuranyi is at Compton. He doesn't play any more so he's someone's agent/rep you'd think...

Fuck his client, sign him up! Man is a legend!

Hes 35 and apparently retired despite having several offers, is good in the air but managed no goals in 14 appearances last season......he will sign and the internet will melt.

Back