• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2017 Window Thread

Leeds and Wolves are battling out for the transfer of Sam Byram from West Ham #whufc #lufc #wwfc
Makes sense if German Phil is out for a while.

Makes sense if German Phil is out for a while.

Not a fan of Byram personally. Never really felt that he can actually defend and he's not equipped for the WB role that we employ.

Marshall is perfect for that position if we can get him fit.

Tim Spiers‏Verified account @tim_spiers_Star 13s14 seconds ago
More
I gather retired Germany itnl' Kevin Kuranyi is at Compton as a representative in a poss U23 deal. Not Wolves' new striker

Tim Spiers‏Verified account @tim_spiers_Star 13s14 seconds ago
More
I gather retired Germany itnl' Kevin Kuranyi is at Compton as a representative in a poss U23 deal. Not Wolves' new striker

Booo... Google out...

Would take Byram if we can get him, miles better than Doc and a legitimate challenger for Phil as and when he returns. I am still hopeful Marshall will be our main RWB but we can't wait for that Doc is a major wink link now so if we can do the deal I will be happy.

Not really. The way we play under Nuno means Cav and Zyro can slot into the spot in the middle of the 3. Jota can play there as well and Costa would probably slot in ok as well. We are not really set up for a typical striker at the mo.

They haven't been though bar 2 short appearances. Dicko has come on in the striker spot. Fair enough we'll have the option of '3 forwards, none of which is a natural striker', but we don't want that as potentially our only option for several months do we...

Need to stop looking at the betting odds. We were 6/1 for Barnes last night, into evens now

Born in Brazil wasn't he? Bonatani maybe?

On the subject of Bonatini, I made a comment about him making a solid start the other day on twitter, and what is either the weirdest fake account, or his actual mother, liked the tweet.

I'd be lying if I said how great I thought this would be, because I have no idea at all who he is or if he's any good. Should I be excited?

This kind of question can only be answered by a YouTube video with iffy music.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6BwjKyqlJLg

In all seriousness if the alternatives were Ashley Barnes and Jordan Hugill then I'll take him even if I'd never seen him play for a second.

He looks like exactly the kind of player we've been using in our front three, basically, another Cavaleiro or Jota or Costa or Bright type. Can play across the front, decent pace, a creator as much as a goalscorer. I can't say I know much more than that but the fact he's been on the edge of the Dutch national team for a couple of years now makes me think he must have something about him, and his record in the Eredivisie is a solid 1-in-3 which is decent these days.

I'd rather have kept Bod than sign Ashley Barnes, at least Bod isn't a filthy scumbag.

Locadia looks genuinely two footed which is a novelty. More than a hint of Sako about him.

Yeah two footed, decent physicality, looks like decent pace without being considered quick, and looks like he can at least head a ball if required.

This kind of question can only be answered by a YouTube video with iffy music.

In all seriousness if the alternatives were Ashley Barnes and Jordan Hugill then I'll take him even if I'd never seen him play for a second.

It's only a little thing...but he looks up before he crosses.

Back